What did you do to your shop today?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I took Friday off and spent the entire day at the storage, cleaning, organizing, re-arranging. Between the trans swap in the truck, repairing the damage when the truck got wrecked and restoring the Roadmaster, the storage had gotten pretty furry. The Grand Prix had pretty much been shoved in the back corner and there were a lot of parts and boxes underneath and alongside it. No more.

By 4:30 PM Friday,I'd made a ton of progress but was out of gas. I'd hauled stuff to the scrap yard, hauled cores to the auto parts, properly disposed of waste oil and was getting close to having it all cleaned up.

I had gotten so dirty, I had to have my brother bring me a change of clothes so I could pull the Roadmaster in and drive my truck home.

The storage has something like 16' ceilings. It has two four foot florescent light fixtures hanging on the roof structure. I've had a bad bulb for more than a year. Sean and I went back this morning to finish up my project. We started with replacing all four florescent bulbs. Thankfully, my 12' A-frame ladder was just barely enough ladder to get it done. We had to pull the GP all the way to the front of the storage so we could get the ladder underneath the lights.....

View attachment 161960

In that picture you can see a pile of empty boxes and the last of the stuff to sort through. Here are some final pics....

View attachment 161961

View attachment 161962

View attachment 161963

View attachment 161964

Some room behind the GP so we can get to these parts....

View attachment 161965

Tight getting the Roadmaster in but I have the floor marked and a block to stop me.....

View attachment 161966

Here is my revamped supply center. Big wow, I know but I spent a fair amount of time on this so here's a picture....

View attachment 161967

I have a few small projects to go and then some good things will start to happen.

Cathartic, eh?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I took Friday off and spent the entire day at the storage, cleaning, organizing, re-arranging. Between the trans swap in the truck, repairing the damage when the truck got wrecked and restoring the Roadmaster, the storage had gotten pretty furry. The Grand Prix had pretty much been shoved in the back corner and there were a lot of parts and boxes underneath and alongside it. No more.

By 4:30 PM Friday,I'd made a ton of progress but was out of gas. I'd hauled stuff to the scrap yard, hauled cores to the auto parts, properly disposed of waste oil and was getting close to having it all cleaned up.

I had gotten so dirty, I had to have my brother bring me a change of clothes so I could pull the Roadmaster in and drive my truck home.

The storage has something like 16' ceilings. It has two four foot florescent light fixtures hanging on the roof structure. I've had a bad bulb for more than a year. Sean and I went back this morning to finish up my project. We started with replacing all four florescent bulbs. Thankfully, my 12' A-frame ladder was just barely enough ladder to get it done. We had to pull the GP all the way to the front of the storage so we could get the ladder underneath the lights.....

View attachment 161960

In that picture you can see a pile of empty boxes and the last of the stuff to sort through. Here are some final pics....

View attachment 161961

View attachment 161962

View attachment 161963

View attachment 161964

Some room behind the GP so we can get to these parts....

View attachment 161965

Tight getting the Roadmaster in but I have the floor marked and a block to stop me.....

View attachment 161966

Here is my revamped supply center. Big wow, I know but I spent a fair amount of time on this so here's a picture....

View attachment 161967

I have a few small projects to go and then some good things will start to happen.
That ol Pontiac for sale or are you gonna fix it up some day? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That ol Pontiac for sale or are you gonna fix it up some day? 🤣
I'm going to fix it up someday. Hey, at least I'm not saying that while it's sitting outside rotting.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 4 users

Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
Finally soled the lathe that been in my way, am I the only one that gets impulse to buy stuff we don't need?
Started organizing my equipment and cleaned.

Attachments

• 20201115_140647.jpg
    20201115_140647.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
  • 20201115_140626.jpg
    20201115_140626.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 20201115_140637.jpg
    20201115_140637.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 105
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Site for barn. Very excited. Going to do an office in there along with a lean to with an outdoor kitchen.
Barn Site.PNG

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well my buddy went to pick up his new lathe he bought sign unseen this weekend and thus evict my lathe from his shop and I take possession of my lathe at my house. Well he picked it up and it turned out to be way bigger than advertised. 6000lbs+ and 16ft long. So he's going to resell it, keep some tooling, and good news bad news my lathe stays at his house. Kinda sad my lathe stays at his place but happy also since his garage is way better set up for a lathe and it's a better home.

To be continued.

Screenshot_20201115-152929.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Well my buddy went to pick up his new lathe he bought sign unseen this weekend and thus evict my lathe from his shop and I take possession of my lathe at my house. Well he picked it up and it turned out to be way bigger than advertised. 6000lbs+ and 16ft long. So he's going to resell it, keep some tooling, and good news bad news my lathe stays at his house. Kinda sad my lathe stays at his place but happy also since his garage is way better set up for a lathe and it's a better home.

To be continued.

View attachment 162033
Thats a big lathe!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor