What happened to young people and driving culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
wnd_d9e0ef862c7e1c09e4e3e29eaa729dfc.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Our former Prez got rid of a lot of the cars this gen would be "hooking up"

That was short lived. The auto industry has kicked out millions of cars since that ended 10 years ago. Plenty to fill the population.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
It's really sad, I grew up in a poor neighborhood and had to work for everything I had. I'm only 30 but I've been a motor head as long as I can remember and work at a semi truck dealership. Most of the people I grew up with are either hooked on drugs and can't afford anything now or were so sheltered by their parents they have no clue what hard work is or even the self respect you get by fixing your own car and busting your *ss for what you want. Everyone now a days wants things handed to them and have no clue what the true valve of a dollar is or means.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
And yes computers are ubiquitous and cheap. You don't have to drive where your friends are at because you're always in touch with them.

or walk or bike to your friend's house and that is why many kids are fatter now than ever, and society is losing all social skills, and neighbors no longer exist in neighborhoods, and most people no longer have the ability to understand doing nothing is actually doing something good for you...when computers were first introduced we were told they would cut down on paper and we would have more free time for ourselves but instead computers, for all the good they are, turn many people into robots slaves and is ruining this world.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
  1. This doesn’t need to be political
  2. Young people are getting into gbodies, just when they show up here you guys run them off because you dont like what they’re doing. True story.
  3. Spare me the “kids today” thing. We were all young lazy disrespectful dipshits at some point and eventually most of us got thru it. Not sure I did but whatever.
  4. See 3.
Carry on. I’m sitting here waiting at the dealer for an oil change (still under warranty) and then I’m gonna go home and play vidya while posting memes on my phone.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I have a soon to be 9 year old daughter she wants to drive everything that has wheels and i cant get her out of the garage lol

Reactions: 6 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Conclusions:

-There are still young people involved in cars, just not as many
-Cars are too dam expensive
-Cell phones have taken over. Not a shocker.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Car culture was killed when they started banning cruising.

Then were did the kids go? The mall to hang out.

Then they banned that.

So what else were they to do? No hang out spots, no reason to drive anywhere. Then video games got even more popular because they could pretty much only stay home and connect in groups.

Then the internet came. And cell phones.

Now they could communicate and gather online.

Why would they need a car with online gaming, online social groups, online shopping, online bullying, online stupidity.

The internet has been a great idea but is also tearing apart any type of social interaction between people that isn't digital. And people have done a great job keeping kids from congregating in groups because that causes problems. Don't blame government, it can't happen without the parents and people that put those that make the laws in power.

(As I patiently wait for the old days of cruising to come back. Someday. Maybe. After an EMP.)

*END RANT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor