what is the best way to STIFFEN a spring without making it taller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Well here is the stock spring removed and here is the Moog 5662..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
It said stock height so we shall see...........at least the 5662 should be easier to at least get in the spring cups.

Is there a top and bottom on the 5662s????????????? I witness marked the bottom of the original spring...............

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
spring.jpg

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
as you can see the stock spring has a flattened top.........and the replacement does not......do I need to
remove the rubber seat in the top seat on the control arm.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
White paint mark on the moog spring should be the top of the spring.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I watched a video and the white goes down...............from what I gathered.......so the lower pigtail locks into the cup.

I just got one in..............please don't tell me it's wrong.............

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Maeby the changed it or something. When I got mine there was an instruction sheet that said white to the top. Or maeby I'm remembering it wrong. In any case the end with the tight coils is the top and the bottom the last coil shouldn't touch the one above it if that makes sense .

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Maeby the changed it or something. When I got mine there was an instruction sheet that said white to the top. Or maeby I'm remembering it wrong. In any case the end with the tight coils is the top and the bottom the last coil shouldn't touch the one above it if that makes sense .
Well my box came with no instructions so I watched a you tube video with a guy installing Moogs on his GBody 442 and he mentioned
white paint tab down and out....so thats how I did it........and the way you describe the spring I did do it right......so all's good in my world.

But one spring a day is all this old man can muster.....tomorrow is a vacation day and Wednesday is bible study day so looks like I have a few
days to heal my cuts and bruises and aching muscles.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
It's not a race. When working with springs it's best to go slow and be safe about it. Nobody want's to see u get hurt cause you rushed it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor