What's the best deal you got on a part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best deal i got on anything was a 97 saturn sl2 5 speed with 57k on the odometer, for $100. then fixed it for <$100, and sold for $2100 :lol:

1976 Olds Cutlass supreme. The car had a near mint interior and a great running 350 Olds. It also had 3 good SS2 Olds rims with 2 center caps. I paid $50 for the car, sold the interior for over $200 and sold other good parts too. Pulled the heads, changed all the gaskets, cam and timing set. Cylinders had almost no wear and 30 psi hot idle and 45-50 psi hot cruise at under 2000 rpm.

Oh damn, I forgot about one lol. I went to Canadian Tire a few years back to get a starter for my old GP. As I was waiting at the parts counter, a buddy I hadn't talked to in a few years walked up. We BSed a little bit about our cars. He was telling me about his Capri he had just finished, and that it was outside. Well during that conversation the parts guy brought me my starter (you pay at the tills, not the counter), but we were so into it I kinda forgot about the starter. Then he said that I should come outside and check it out. So I walked out the parts department door and we checked out each others cars and BSed some more, for about 15-20 minutes. It was then that I realized my arm was getting sore... from holding the starter that I walked out of the store with and didn't pay for. I just laughed and told him "Well that just saved my some money.", as I tossed it in my trunk.

8)

looked forever for an 8.5 and when i about give up a guy called my buddy and said he had a 87 grand national that had been in a fire . i overheard them and asked if the rear was still in the car, he said yeah and we went to go look at just how bad the car was. it was gone, the car from the firewall back had all but melted into nothing. engine bay and front clip was about 96% perfect though. we flipped the car over with a tractor and i cut the rearend out of it for 200 bucks and i got the driveshaft for free. he still has the motor and transmission for 1500. fluid looked new when i pulled the shaft out. needs a wireing harness and computer though.

$50 for my olds 355. rebuilt but never ran, comp cam, speedpro pistons, new lifters, valve springs, bored out, crank is 10 under. 8)

$75 for my 7.5" posi with 4.56 gears (worth $225 new) going to sell the gears...

Free 4x10-6x9 adapters... countless little stuff.

I have noticed a lot of Olds engine parts are going for very cheap on Ebay. I have been seeing Edelbrock performer intakes going for around $60. I think at the beginning of the summer they were going for around $100-150. It really sucks because I need cash and I will not sell the stuff I have at that much of a loss.

2 weeks before Katrina hit the gulf coast I bought a Saturn SL1 sedan for $4200. A week after Katrina gas went through the roof and I got rear-ended. Totaled car. Insurance payment was $6300.

My truck wheels/tires!

I was looking for the chrome 'styled' wheels that come on chevy trucks, I wanted to get rid of my painted ones. A guy was selling his wheels/tires on craigslist for 300$. I called him up and we talked about it, I found out for some ungodly reason he wanted my scratched up painted wheels over his nice chromed ones. So we did a straight swap... his tires were less than a year old too with tons of tread!

last summer i decided i needed to get rid of the 2.whatever gears in the cutlass and the guy i got the car from said he had a 7.5 rear from a monte carlo with 3.73 gears and wanted $100, didnt have the cash so he said to just pay whenever, well his son bought a 4.3 from my uncle and he said to help him pull it out and he'd forget about the $100 so basically an hour of work for the rear.....problem is the cutty tops out at about 63mph now so im in need of a 700r4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 132
well the best deal i think i got so far was for my previous MC i was at the local yard early one day and started talking to the boss and he told me he had a monte so when they brought down it was a 87 SS to get stripped 😢 anyways and he didnt even know it was a SS until i pulled all my parts and went to pay so price couldnt change so heres what i got.
1) posi 3.37 rear $60.00
2) mint condition ss dash with tach,center gauges,115 speedo,SS dash trim and the GN cd radio $75.00
3) bucket seats with seat belt $60.00
4) aluminum SS wheels with almost new tires $100.00
5) 87 cutlass dual snorkel air cleaner with the tubes $50.00
6) almost Holley 750 $50.00
and all that was the exact same color as my interior so for me that was the best day of my junkyarding years and all i spent for all of this was $525.00 walked out the door happy as hell. DAM I MISS THAT CAR had to sell due to lost my job and and had a choice to sell the car and finish paying off my house 2 years early so i wouldnt have that mortgage anymore so sold it for $12,000 and now i am back with a new project 79 MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor