What's the best deal you got on a part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 71 camaro z28 that the body was toast. paid 700 for the car.

some of the goodies!
69 z29 DZ302 motor
69 M22 4 speed trans
4:56 posi rear end
hurst comp shifter
box of new gauges
850 cfm holley carb
and the list goes on.

Once in a lifetime find

Attachments

• IMGP3108.jpg
    IMGP3108.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 269
  • IMGP3109.jpg
    IMGP3109.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMGP3107.jpg
    IMGP3107.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 269
500 Bucks for a 72 Nova SS with a 350. It was backfiring and running rough. The dealer thought it was valve and it turned out to be a spark plug. I used to come across deals like this all the time in when I was in Vegas and Phoenix, now everything has dried up. This of course, when you do have the money and are looking..

I got my Grand National rear on ebay for $250 and the old guy I got it from delivered it to my house!!!

i got in great condition...
grilles
bezels
tail lights
rear quarter extenders
mudflaps

for my 85 cutty all for 20 bucks delivered to my house..

also my 3 in cowl hood, and rebuilt 350 trans for $200 he just wanted the trans gone so he sold it to me for like 20 bucks!!

800 for a completely rebuilt crate ho chevy motor with zero milesand the paint plugs still in the spark plug holes(also a massive pita because none of my parts bags are labeled and im missing accesory bolts with no idea of the lengths i need)

Last edited:
I got replacement window gulides from a junkyard, and the desk let me have them for free.

1980 Malibu coupe (running 3.3L) for $150. Sold the 3-speed shifter floor 'hump' for $75 on EBay about six months later.

I scored 3 15 brand new snow tires on blazer wheels for $30. One of the rims was cracked so I took it to the scrap yard and got $12 for it, so 3 new snow tires and 2 rims that went right on my cutty for $18. Guy had a garage that he rented to someone and then left a bunch of stuff behind he just wanted it gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor