Where is the bet place in the us for a car Guy like me to rase his kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Are you sure that's all they put in your water? And I ain't talkin' about fluoride.
As a 'G' buddy I'll tell you the same thing I tell my (grown) kids.
Run Away!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Here's another thing that may be helpful... this is a gbody site, but, many (most?) Of us have other car passions too...

You can find the most enthusiast friendly neighborhood, BUT, if that area you're moving to crushed most of the kinds of cars you liked years ago, and everything that's left is full of rusted seized bolts that snap and bloody you knuckles at every turn what good is that?

Pick a spot, look on its craigslist then add a bunch of surrounding areas to see what kinda cars are around/ available in the decent radius.

If you love gm square body trucks, but it doesn't show hardly anything for sale or in the parts section, it's a harder area to pursue that particular hobby in....

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well I'm a body man but I would love to open my own shop building resto mods
Ditto! That statement right there says it for me! That's my dream gig....open my own shop and build some cool a$$ rides! Opie and I were just talking about that last week.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
That would be my dream job too, but I don't buy lottery tickets. Need some bait?
DSCN4558.JPG DSCN4450.JPG DSC_9364.JPG
The body shops around here seem to focus on low-ball insurance work to keep a steady income. I can't advise you on how to make a living doing restorations, but there are inexpensive houses depending upon the town. And you can often wear a T-shirt outside for a few weeks in February. The nearest track is Albuquerque, about an hour's drive.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
That would be my dream job too, but I don't buy lottery tickets. Need some bait?
View attachment 68470 View attachment 68471 View attachment 68472
The body shops around here seem to focus on low-ball insurance work to keep a steady income. I can't advise you on how to make a living doing restorations, but there are inexpensive houses depending upon the town. And you can often wear a T-shirt outside for a few weeks in February. The nearest track is Albuquerque, about an hour's drive.
I looked for years to find one of those crew cabs

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I had two of them at one point, but my wife made me downsize after I found a 10-year-old F350 diesel that just needed fuel and insurance.
I'm down to the K30 now - my middle son wants it when he gets a driver's license - some assembly and a passenger door jamb required. I have an AAM 11.5, NV4500 and circle-6 NP205 for it.
My first one was a $200 C20 refugee from New Hampshire. I resurrected it from the dead, cancer and all, to tow my worldly goods out here 20 years ago. I still have it, but it has a hitch instead of a cab. The 400 is now in the coupe.
DSC_2118.JPG DSCN3736.JPG

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I looked for years to find one of those crew cabs
I looked for 15 years to find one of these. I have a 261, a 4.10 pumpkin, and a WC T5 waiting for it. My wife does not understand my mental illness. I waited long enough that you can buy 17" tires again. Just need to weld on new hoops to ditch the split rims.
DSCN4619.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor