Where to find the felt channel for the wagon door windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2009
Working on a 83 wagon. Thought I'd be able to save the brittle felt channels for the door glass. No so. This stuff is turning to dust while I watch it. Can anyone give me any ideas on where to buy new felt window channel. You guys have been great in the past. Thanks.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nothing is reproduced for the channels. A few of us wagon guys and searched for viable alternatives. There is a lengthy post here, Jack, Quinn, and others came up with a solution. Maybe they'll chime in, I can't seem to find the post on my phone.

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The thread that Kevin (O.D.Showtime) had indicated should be very informative.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The thread that Kevin (O.D.Showtime) had indicated should be very informative.
I posted right after Kevin, lol, he beat me to it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ed,
Read the thread thoroughly. If there's any further questions, feel free to ask. Several of us have been down that long dusty road...lol!!

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I just went through this. I bought rolls from Danno. The bad news is the AS1720 has been discontinued. Thats according to Dan from Danno. He sent a piece to me but it wasnt correct. It looks like the manufacturer put the wrong run in the right bag. He was going to try to find a few rolls for me but in the end I used a good flexible set I pulled out of a Cutlass sedan that I found in a local yard. I just had some minor mods to make on the rears.
You might want to call Dan. Hes a pretty nice guy to deal with. He may have been able to find a few rolls. Or you might be able to find another place that sells them. Do a search for that part number.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Guys, for years and years there were no wing window seals available for my dad's 62 Ford Galaxie. I contacted Steele Rubber Products and brought the lack of availability to their attention. In the end we sent them a spare wing window with the seals 'intact'. We also sent a list of cars they would fit and pictures of those cars. It took a year and a half but now the seals are available. They sent dad a set for free. I don't know if Steele makes anything for our cars but my point is that if you can find a decent example you can spare and you talk with a manufacturer like Steele, or Fairchild or Metro Molded Rubber you can probably get one of them to start making them. You just need to point out that they are not currently available, fit several different cars over several different years and there is some interest in them.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jared,
Your suggestions are good, but you'll have to find a company that is willing to work with you.
I had contacted Metro a while back pertaining to having the window run channels manufactured. They did not seem too interested in it.
Perhaps someone like Fairchild, Steele, etc, may be willing to work with us.
But I suppose you have to look at it in their point of view. There has to be enough interest out there for them to have certain parts manufactured. In other words, it has to be worth their while, and cost effective.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor