Why everyone is putting Chevy's in the off brands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol "I wanna go fast!!"

Hahaha, This thread is funny, I have done just the opposite though :twisted: . I put an off brand in a chevy :rofl: . I don't know how many times over the years I've been asked why I put an Oldsmobile engine in my malibu (it has been olds powered for almost 9 years now), that's my preference :lol:. Not many people question the chevy into other brands though, it has become the norm. I have even had people ask why I had an Olds 350 in my Olds Cutlass instead of a small block chevy!! :wtf: Glad to see others aren't afraid to be a bit on the different side :friday:.

I think the chevy motors big and small block are better designed thats why they are easier and cheaper to make power out of. They is way more after market support for them and they just look cool.

M.Bailey said:
I think the chevy motors big and small block are better designed thats why they are easier and cheaper to make power out of. They is way more after market support for them and they just look cool.

Maybe the newer ones are better designed, but compared to the older ones they are not.

well like i say before people get upset if u put a BOP motor in your chevy but if u but a chevy in a BOP u get a "good job" but once again i like to have BOP motor less RPM. Because why sit there and push your motor to the limited all the time you are going to blow you motor up all these chevy motor have very high RPM if u get a BOP motor u can get nasty between 2000 rpm or 5000 rpm but 7000! wow i mean to not tryin to be mean but thats what imports do dont get upset at its a fact ask any chevy guy they will tell u this

"I think the chevy motors big and small block are better designed thats why they are easier and cheaper to make power out of. They is way more after market support for them and they just look cool."

Ahhh, NO.

I happen to be a Pontiac guy but am not so ignorant/narrowminded to think they are the "best".

Every brand has it's + and -.

Chevy running the distributor threw the intake, brilliant design. Head bolt threw/near water passages is another one. Headers are easy on a Chevy, plugs suck. I do own a SBC powered car.

The opposite is true on a Pontiac, easy plugs but headers suck. Wish we had more headbolts like Chevy.

I did crack up when the "new" air gap manifolds came out for Chevies with thier "new" technology. :rofl: Check out some "vintage" Pontiac engines.

Always liked the dist on the front like Ford did it, but you can't have it all.

Building and driving a "off brand" :roll: just makes the kill that much sweeter.

i didnt read this whole thread but i will say that the reasons why i have always went chevy are they are easy to find, lots of parts, parts are generally cheaper, there are far more performance parts made for them, there were factory efi (tpi, tbi) manifolds for them, there is tons of dress up for them which was a big plus when i first got into sbc's. i wanna run a olds motor in my 442 but they are not so easy to find anymore and the aftermarket just is not nearly as big, not to mention i am all set up in my cars for chevy so the cost to convert would be far more. i do bbc's in my boats cause chevy is the only company really making marine engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor