Why everyone is putting Chevy's in the off brands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
lets ask this question, why does everyone get so worked up when you tell them it is chevy powered and you have a b-o-p even though they are all pretty much the same car and many of them had a chevy motor option such as the grand prix with a 305... or the another example the buick 3.8 was available for most all g bodies.... its not like its a pre 70s car when a (most) chevy had a chevy and a olds had a olds..... now a days i have seen guys really get upset at the car shows when they see it, its not like we its a ford motor in a gm....

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I wouldn't say worked up, I would say more like let down (spend all that time/money to have a unique vehicle, but have the most common powerplant). I have nothing against the chev engines, nor do I debate their potential. I just like to see something different, I have no shame when putting what ever engine I can get my hands on where it isn't supposed to go, be it a b-o-p, cadillac, mopar, AMC, ford or what ever else I could dig up (I'm still kicking myself in *ss for not picking up a 392 Hemi for $500 when I had a chance :doh: ).

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I used to think there were just too many Chevies, but not anymore. It's like a movement or something. Lots and lots of BOP's are showing up at shows and cruises. I personally am all Pontiac, because my first real car was a 68' Firebird and it went on from there. Now I put a Pontiac into everything I drive because I have quite a few . In my 81' Malibu wagon I put a 70' GTO 400 fourspeed. A real beast and boy did it annoy the Chevy guys. Why? For all the reasons allready given. Works both ways.

buick252

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2009
XIt funny to me when people say well back in the day this brand has this and this so when y all watch muscle car on spike what r they working on a chevy I mean come on please stand out and be different because chevy and dodge and ford all can beseen on tv but when a b o p is on its get little to no respect at all because parts r cheaper I say this if its so cheap why do y all go thur some many parts and say oh its better because parts r cheaper that's like me saying. I am going to buy me a house but since its cheaper I am going to buy I say no u get what u pay so u will put more into it

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas
buick252 said:
XIt funny to me when people say well back in the day this brand has this and this so when y all watch muscle car on spike what r they working on a chevy I mean come on please stand out and be different because chevy and dodge and ford all can beseen on tv but when a b o p is on its get little to no respect at all because parts r cheaper I say this if its so cheap why do y all go thur some many parts and say oh its better because parts r cheaper that's like me saying. I am going to buy me a house but since its cheaper I am going to buy I say no u get what u pay so u will put more into it

Lord have mercy on anyone who attempts to decipher this.

A

Anonymous

buick252 said:

Buick, not sure what you are trying to say here. I'm old and get dizzy trying to read a whole paragraph with only one period mark. You have some good points though..I think!

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Damn look what I started lmao!

buick252

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2009
well jawss you must be a english teacher this is not a site where you get credit for using a period or commas this is about G bodys. Not making sure you put a period i mean come on people I mean come on this is a site for post cars speaking your mind I'm not the only one who doesnt use a period ok just post a comments about the topic sad.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Let's stay on topic fellas. With all due respect Buick252, your two posts are very hard to decipher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor