Why Is GBF So Laid Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Yeah...If anyone came on here and said, "I just paid $200,000 for a GNX with 100 miles on it at Barrett-Jackson. Should I drive it, or keep it in my living room and caress it every night with a Griot's microfiber towel?" I think the collective response would be....

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Yeah...If anyone came on here and said, "I just paid $200,000 for a GNX with 100 miles on it at Barrett-Jackson. Should I drive it, or keep it in my living room and caress it every night with a Griot's microfiber towel?" I think the collective response would be....

giphy.gif

You are crazy. I would offer to come over to his place to teach him launch it for quickest 60 ft times, then help him to install a line lock, show him how to make/install a test pipe then sell him a Thrasher 108 Chip for $200.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
My reason for being laid back is because Amazon hasn't delivered my Geritol order yet but I did receive a case of Methanol, maybe I shouldn't have used Alexa to help me order it......:cry:
Gotta watch that sh*t, it'll make you blind!!!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I know why. Cuz we're OLD!
old-man-mooning.gif

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
I have been member on alot of pages over the years for car audio, bmx, hondas, and now g body stuff. Maliburacing.com seems to be dead at this point. at least the sales section is. Bmx pages are a hassle with with the carpet queen collectors,honda pages ,well that goes with out saying. Elcaminocentral.com has to be by far the worsrt site to try and sign up for i got about 5 minutes into trying to sign up and gave up. they want to know every detail about you to the point it feels like identity theft. This forum here has lots of great members that are a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help where ever they can. This is one site i hope to see around for many more years to come.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Can't add much to what's already been said. Good people, good cars. And some really cool builds. As other's have said, more like a family.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
But but . . . Courtney still needs a date!

And we could clearly care less . . . (y)

I will have you know, I actually touched my 87 today.

Had to go out and get some tools to put the new adjustable bed frame together . . . some assembly required. Gave the ole girl an affectionate pat on the way by.
Now, I just seriously need to get "me" together. My priorities are seriously screwed up!:doh:

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I have been member on alot of pages over the years for car audio, bmx, hondas, and now g body stuff. Maliburacing.com seems to be dead at this point. at least the sales section is. Bmx pages are a hassle with with the carpet queen collectors,honda pages ,well that goes with out saying. Elcaminocentral.com has to be by far the worsrt site to try and sign up for i got about 5 minutes into trying to sign up and gave up. they want to know every detail about you to the point it feels like identity theft. This forum here has lots of great members that are a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help where ever they can. This is one site i hope to see around for many more years to come.
Amen to that, they wouldn't let me on because I would not give them my real street address(!). Between that and the extreme cliquiness, that site can **** right off.

jima

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 10, 2017
Just read thru this thread. Another thing I think contributes to the congeniality is most members are not hung up on originality or authenticity. Some other sites I frequent CLAIM to be inclusive but are somewhat hostile to "improvements" the owner enjoys. Moderators set the tone and members establish the helpful, tolerant and fun experience.

On the Henry Js, a good friend around 1960 had a 50 or 51 with Olds tri-power, capped or open exhaust out the fenders, welded spiders and slicks. Fastest car around at the time, 13.90 in the 1/4, but not so hot today. (My '78 Continental with 521 stroker did 13.61.) I've always liked sleepers -- big engine transplants in small cars or, even bigger engines in big cars. 383 in my '81 El Camino hasn't been timed yet. No point till the one-legged original rear end gets re-done.

Yep, its a great forum.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
The like, agree, funny etc. votes help to keep things positive. The only negative selection is disagree and I don't see that used much. Oldspower.com had a similar vibe, and like me, a lot of members moved here when Mike shut that forum down. A lot of us are like minded and of similar age. Over the years I've seen a few trolls try to disrupt the positive culture here but they quickly realize it doesn't work and move on. Collectively I hope we can keep it that way. Hutch (aka oldsofb) hit it on the head. It's OK to have a different point of view but if you can't share it in a positive way its better not to comment at all. If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor