Why Is GBF So Laid Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Wow it's all good until somebody calls us a mixed fruit bole lol

I think what a lot of us are trying to say is NO STATUS SYMBOLS! God I hate those people it's a car DRIVE IT!

Sorry for that work sucked and im tired from fixing people's status symbols. Mercedes BMW Audi Land Rover Range Rover Lexus Acura Corvette ect. All junk I'll take a rusty G over any of that crap I fix at work.
I was on another site about the crew cab and posted to a thread (what's your dream car?) In my reply I said I really like G-bodys but on an unlimited budget I would do a 1951 Henry J Kaiser with trunk option A 392 Hemi hilborn injected straight axle gasser with a man pedal to run the bolt action to take the kids for ice cream
Well apparently that was too technical of an answer so they tore me up! I'm sure if that was a threat here nobody would tear me up for having to technical a description

I'm here to stay with or without the gasser

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: 5 users

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
not-sure-if-im-a-laid-back-guy_or-just-lazy.jpg

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 6 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Clutch My neighbor has that car, I think it's insured for North of $70,000. It's Steel, even has REAL Mags & it's blue. Think of "Stone Woods & Cook" clone. And the old Hilborn has been converted to EFI & can be driven in cold weather! Not bad weather, just cold. I'll try to get ya a picture in the weeks ahead?? Ole'Bob.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Clutch My neighbor has that car, I think it's insured for North of $70,000. It's Steel, even has REAL Mags & it's blue. Think of "Stone Woods & Cook" clone. And the old Hilborn has been converted to EFI & can be driven in cold weather! Not bad weather, just cold. I'll try to get ya a picture in the weeks ahead?? Ole'Bob.
Sweet! I've wanted one ever since I was a kid the closest I've come is the model and I found a 52 or 53 in the woods once in a stream bed wasn't much left tho or I would have brought it home. Some day I will finde a build able one I can afford

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Exactly why I have a 63 Dynamic 88 sitting behind the garage- 394, hi comp, 9.3 rear = 49-54 gasser in the making....
See like minded people gear heads building because we like it not for what it's worth or for a simbol

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Eric,
I remember when I was in my teens a local guy had a nice Henry J body which was going to be a gasser in the works. No engine and trans, wheel wells were cut out for slicks. He ended up dumping it in the back fields where I used to live. I thought it was such a waste of a potentially cool car.
Another similar story was with another local guy who had a cool little Morris Minor coupe. This little car was original and would have made a cool rod. He also dumped it back in the fields.
I guess we can go on and on about the cars that got away.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Expectations and Culture:

I think the Mods do a great job of setting respectable expectations for conduct. Over time this just works its way out to being the over all Culture of the site.

When I see a 5 year old jerk running around, I don't think "He needs to improve his respect for others"...NO, I think "Where are your parents!!"

I've been on sites where they brag about having to be thick skinned if you're going to be on their site. Why? Because there's no one to tell them that's dickish behavior. Silence has become under rated. "If you can't say something nice....."

To the Moderators: You set the tone that created the culture. Job done!

Hutch

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Eric,
I remember when I was in my teens a local guy had a nice Henry J body which was going to be a gasser in the works. No engine and trans, wheel wells were cut out for slicks. He ended up dumping it in the back fields where I used to live. I thought it was such a waste of a potentially cool car.
Another similar story was with another local guy who had a cool little Morris Minor coupe. This little car was original and would have made a cool rod. He also dumped it back in the fields.
I guess we can go on and on about the cars that got away.
Hell no let's drag it out of the field I never said I was going to make it nice enough to paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor