will a 1995 trans am rear end fit a gbody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
like the title reads ....will a 1995 trans am rear end fit a g body. a guy is selling me the rear end for $120

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
can it be mod. to fit ...... this ting has 343 gears and posi!!!!!!! for $120!!!!!!! :!:

TheFullMonteSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2010
If its the same width and a 7.5 rear would it be possable to just swap the internals? I know gbodys have a 26 spline and I beleive fbodys have a 28 spline axle so I dont think you could just swap the posi and gears.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
I beleive track widths between F & G are quite different. Externally (as mentioned) the two rears are hooked up with VERY different setups. What F-body rear is this? It's not impossible that innards may interchange. If they are both 7.5" 10 bolts. You'll likely need new axles but the price asked isn't bad for the posi and gears. Perhaps, if it's not been sold for a while he maybe motivated to take less.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
The f-body rear is around 6 inches wider than a g-body iirc. You can still use the posi and gears though. You will need to get some aftermarket 28 spline axles or you may be able to get some stock axles from a g-body 8.5 rear(grand national, t-type, etc.). It's a good enough price that combined with moser axles makes for a bit of an upgrade for the poor 7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor