Wooo... new ride! Pictures added

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Well not so much a ride yet, gotta get some kinks worked out. But I bought the 74 Firebird I've been talking about for like a month. 8) I didn't get a steal but I think it was fair, it runs like a scalded dog I'd love to put it on a dyno and see what it does. It's got a 355 with Edlebrock performer heads, RPM Airgap, 10.50:1 compression, roller rockers, supposedly a lunati roller cam don't know the specs other than either .510 or .525 lift... It's not super lopey but it definitely sounds like a pretty aggressive cam and it rips up top so I dunno definitely a pretty drag race specific cam especially with the 2800-3200 stall converter. And yeah, no cats 3 inch mandrel bent duals, and flowmasters (might have to change that though, it's really low they hit on speed bumps).

Oh man, that felt good writing all that. :lol:

Here's the bad part (not a big deal I don't think). Car needs some bugs worked out, I think the wheel cylinders are blown because the brakes don't work and there's fluid leaking out of the drums on the back, or the line in there is broken. And there's a couple small rust issues to be deal with, one of the quarters has had some repair I don't know if it was a dent filled in or a hole filled in with putty, a hole about the size of a dollar bill in the rear passenger floor, and the lower rocker panel drivers side. And I hate the paint... So that's gotta get changed.

But all in good time, when I get the money... I'm just happy for the minute, I'm sure the misery will start when I start taking things apart. :lol:

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Re: Wooo... new ride!

i definetly have a thing for these firebirds too and wish to someday own one as well. take your time with the car because they can be really beautiful

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.

Thanks, I think it's pretty awesome looking as is even though it's painted lemon yellow. :puke: :D It's gonna look sick if I paint it back to original metallic blue color, or if I go with one of the paint schemes I've been thinking about. Either black with wide racing stripes, either red, orange, lime green, or gold... Possibly white but that's kind of common. Whatever, just a bright color that will really pop with a black primary color. Either that, or silver or gunmetal metallic with black stripes like my cousins Viper. :mrgreen:

I'm going to post pictures tomorrow when the sun is out of how it is now.

There's lots of billet accessories under the hood that need to be re-polished before I post pics of the motor. Not a big fan of billet, it's a little too flashy for my taste but it's still cool... Better than cheap stuff. :p

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia

Please don't put racing stripes on a Trans Am........

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia

Do the bird on the hood with the blue. The first gens even look weird. My familys always had trans ams and firebirds they just dont look right with them. They look good with a single color and a bird. But your right it's your car.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio

Your parts availability/pricing should be better for that than a G

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010

swap a 455 BB and all the sh*t ontop of your 355 will swap over (thank you pontiac for being intelligent) bird on the hood gta wheels and 4500 stall and WHEEEEEEELLIES... god mode unlocked.... im a huge fan of the firebird and pontiac up until 1976 was the dog in the sandlot no doubt... my neighbor dave said he bought a bic cube bird when it came out and the front wheels came off the ground stock

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA

i would definetly paint the car back to stock (with the original decals of course) no doubt, they are badass from the factory and anything else to me isn't right

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor