Worst modification you can make to a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonist said:
everyone painting there 350 olds gold
gold is nice, but really only correct in a 70's model car...blue was the color after that.. I just dont get why people paint the engine black... :rofl:

Re: Worst modification you can make to a g body

tc1959 said:
pontiac gp said:
I would say unless the space is absolutely needed then it's detrimental to the value of the car if the heater/ac is removed. Then there's the times when it's raining and the windshield steams up...nice to have a defroster that works
I have worked on thousands of customers cars,and replaced hundreds of valve cover gaskets,spark plugs, even replaced a sh*t load of engines.
I never once had to take a hammer and remove the HVAC to do any of it :roll: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh I've worked on many cars and have never had to bash out the HVAC unit either.. But on my car, I don't want to work around it, I don't like the looks of it, I never use it, it was a b*tch to keep clean... So I smashed it to pieces with a broken craftsmen ratchet (hammer was too far)......

I'm not a fan of circus cars but as long as ANY modification is done well, I can respect it...

Mine now has a tuxedo top, 85 - 3.8L lc2 with no sensors or emission anything,) ac delete, swivel buckets, and partial wrap around rear seat... I've heard many comments about my "mint green" paint and more on my choice of running truspokes, but honestly I feel I did every mod better than the factory line guys did when they originally put my 79 regal together...

The only g-bodies I've ever not been impressed with are stock ones, lol

undr8ed said:
I'm not a fan of circus cars but as long as ANY modification is done well, I can respect it...

Mine now has a tuxedo top, 85 - 3.8L lc2 with no sensors or emission anything,) ac delete, swivel buckets, and partial wrap around rear seat... I've heard many comments about my "mint green" paint and more on my choice of running truspokes, but honestly I feel I did every mod better than the factory line guys did when they originally put my 79 regal together...

Stock/original didnt impress you? Have you ever driven a Turbo GNX? Hurst/Olds? Monte SS? True, they were lame compared to the cars of the early 70's, but considering everything else out on the market during the 80's, they were pretty sweet cars at the time...

undr8ed said:

Tru Spokes..... SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEXY!

any pics? My dad had Tru Spokes on his '67 Toronado, and a '63 Ford Econoline... I love those wheels..

bill said:
undr8ed said:

Stock/original didnt impress you? Have you ever driven a Turbo GNX? Hurst/Olds? Monte SS? True, they were lame compared to the cars of the early 70's, but considering everything else out on the market during the 80's, they were pretty sweet cars at the time...

the 87 Buick Grand National/GNX was the fastest production car for that year...

bill said:
Dragonist said:
gold is nice, but really only correct in a 70's model car...blue was the color after that.. I just dont get why people paint the engine black... :rofl:

I've heard it helps dissipate heat. But I've never seen anything to back it up.

bill said:
Dragonist said:

My 425 is coated in corporate blue!! (it was the factory redish orange when it was in my '94 Chevy PU)... it's got a set of the '73? Olds script valve covers though, and a '67 442 Tri Power intake.. (from a 400)... But it's decked out in blue and black because that's the colors of my 260 that's getting pulled soon.. Sure am gonna miss the gas mileage...

Phoenyx said:
bill said:
Dragonist said:

I've heard it helps dissipate heat. But I've never seen anything to back it up.

I heard the same claim, both by paper, and word of mouth, so I gave it a try......I haven't gone back to blue or gold. I won't claim it's a solution, but it seems to keep me more consistant in temps, and cool down faster, maybe others won't see the same results though :?: .

If one were to nit pick though, lol, a black engine (think of your old boat anchor 307) is period correct for most g bodies :mrgreen: (not refering to late "A"), with a few exception here and there, lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor