Not open for further replies.

hotrodoldsman

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
silent_orchestra said:
hotrodoldsman said:
RITTER said:
How about screwing a 5" monster tach into the side of your original dash :rofl:

Installing a ratchet shifter with a bench seat and realizing its out of reach (for comfort) :lol:
I hope your not knockin the 5" monster tach! I agree with people having a self-tapping-screw-fest on their nice not cracked dash. Thats why I made this fancy shmancy bracket for my monster tach! :roll: :mrgreen: Kinda hard to see in this picture though...
7209040098_large.jpg

I also Greatly dislike removing the heater box from anything but a race only car, I dont care as much about the A/C(obviously thats not on mine either, thats what the T-Tops are for), but having a fuctioning heater is almost a must if your get caught in the rain or even just dring home on a damp night. I also thing those block off plates kinda look cheesy, theres really no way to make it look right, anyone can walk up to the engine compartment and tell its been messed with. If you need more room, as I did(and as I said, I was OK losing the A/C evaporator), remove that section and reshape the box, my heat still works great! :mrgreen:

7209040092_large.jpg
That engine is sweet!! but 1 thing, and just a question really.. I saw in another thread you used a set of electric fans out of a caravan (i think)... why not a something like a spal or flexalite dual fan set up? a set of trick fans would look great with that engine.... (I've built a couple cool aluminium shrouds for dual fan set ups..)

couple other things? how do you like your heads? and what intake are you running? and are those hooker super comps?? toh and those valve covers are sweeeeeet!
If you have ever used one of those "performance fans", you'll notice they work great(usualy), but they are NOISY AS HELL... I hate that stupid fan whine!!! :wtf: BUT, factory fans run silent, that is the main reason I used them(they were also free :roll: , but whether you belive me or not, that was a secondary bonus, having said that, I do belive those dual fan kits from spal are rediculously over priced but I could be wrong). The intake is from Professional Products and is badass!!! I am very happy with my edelbrock heads... this discussion came up in anouther thread recently(although he was asking about using them on a small block), when I got my 455, I got it as a disassembled short block, no heads at all. As I told the guy in the other thread, I initialy was gonna find a set of C or E castings and have them ported/rebuilt. But I soon relized after pricing some greasy cores :shock: , that I could save myself some money and effort, as well as make good power doing nothing to them by getting the edels. I love those headers too!, they go around the frame(a reason why alot of people dont like them), but my only regret is that I need to get them recoated soon :puke: even though I payed like $800 for the coated version, I think hooker has a kid rattle bombing them out back as good as it held up, and I have actualy never even driven in the rain since I put them in! :evil: :blam:

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
hotrodoldsman said:
If you have ever used one of those "performance fans", you'll notice they work great(usualy), but they are NOISY AS HELL... I hate that stupid fan whine!!! :wtf: BUT, factory fans run silent, that is the main reason I used them(they were also free :roll: , but whether you belive me or not, that was a secondary bonus, having said that, I do belive those dual fan kits from spal are rediculously over priced but I could be wrong). The intake is from Professional Products and is badass!!! I am very happy with my edelbrock heads... this discussion came up in anouther thread recently(although he was asking about using them on a small block), when I got my 455, I got it as a disassembled short block, no heads at all. As I told the guy in the other thread, I initialy was gonna find a set of C or E castings and have them ported/rebuilt. But I soon relized after pricing some greasy cores :shock: , that I could save myself some money and effort, as well as make good power doing nothing to them by getting the edels. I love those headers too!, they go around the frame(a reason why alot of people dont like them), but my only regret is that I need to get them recoated soon :puke: even though I payed like $800 for the coated version, I think hooker has a kid rattle bombing them out back as good as it held up, and I have actualy never even driven in the rain since I put them in! :evil: :blam:

SPAL's fans are expensive, and now that you mention it they are noisy lol.. I wonder if a person could find a set of quitter fans that could be removed from the factory shroud? (I like the look of a full aluminum shroud).. I've used cheaper fans from Speedway on a couple customer cars, they're aren't too bad.. but it seems the cheaper you go the noisier they get. But if you buy a couple single fans from SPAL or Flex A Lite and build the shroud you save a ton of money.. and most of the time the shroud fits better than theirs would have..

That intake looks bad *ss!, and I know all about C and E heads... I've got a nice pile under the bench that I'm hoarding, I don't think I could bring myself to pay up for a pair..

And I love the headers too, put quite a few pairs on and have a set waiting for my car... but the finish does suck.. I opened mine up, stripped them and took them to the ceramic coaters.. That tube that wraps around the frame is my favorite part! looks cool out there in the wheel well!

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
I read the first few pages of this thread and I see no justification on most "worst mods" it just seemed this is what I dont like.

I deleted my heat and ac along with wheel wells, I have a 5 inch monster tach, I swapped motors from a 305 to 350.

my car is mine and I did it the way I wanted to.

these arent the latest but why the hell not.

I hate gauges mounted all over the place

IMG00164-20110512-2100.jpg

for those who hate jacked up rears. this is actually the stock height of mine.

monterearside.jpg

I cant find the pic of the motor compartment.

I also put in manual steering (lets hear the bitching)

but you know what i hate. people that just take the lines off the gear box.

plastic wire coatings that are dirty.

people popping their hoods at a car show with a really dirty compartment and no mods done.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
don't knock the coloumn shifters because they came factory and as already stated they provide more comfort and less issues than the floor shifter :lol:

but as for the euro conversion comment messing with the cutlass muscle look imo that's wrong because to me the cutlass is like a hybrid. it has the 81-86 front end that looks like pure muscle and the 87 and 88 for a sleek classy look. some people like classy more than muscle and plus i know most of us even though we have an obsession would hardly beable to tell the differance between an 87 and an 84 with an 87 front end. then only difference with the 81's is the tail lights. the cutlass is made for class pure and simple but it had a muscle front on so it be a classy mucle car or a classy lux car. so remember you can't spell Cutlass with out class. and women love classy :wink:

also to the og engine comment. i have a sbc 355 in my cutlass because it came with one and not all of us were lucky enough to get a cutlass with an olds motor and trying to get an olds 350 is almost impossible in some areas. it makes the car move and drive so we can enjoy the car. pontiac, buick, olds chevy it don't matter because they're all pretty much the same. aslong as i can drive and enjoy my cutlass i don't care what motor is in it aslong as it's a gm and the same goes about some one putting a different engine in their car.

sorry about the rant i'll get off the soap box now.

as for the things i hate is toooooo many speaker because it's pointless and extreamly ugly. have like 12 if you want but atleast make them hidden or flow well with the car. not like this. I MUST WARN YOU these video contain content not suitable for any true gbody lovers. contain course colors, brief retnea damnage, extreme use of speakers, fiberglass and newest olds logo. View discression is advised. arctic customs MUST BE STOPPED AND PUNISHED FOR CRIMES AGAINST AUTOMOTIVES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaB9osFU ... re=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU31yYTA ... re=related

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
We all know when it comes down to a car or your house or anything that can be customized its each to its own. For all that don't know I'm black, I'm in the hood often and dislike the big rim ish and know plently that love it and like it. Individuals that know me with big rims think im retarded for not throwing as they say at least some 2's on it and what not. But how you build your car is your choice. We are all voicing our thoughts on what we dislike when it all boils down to it.

but imo a perfect cutlass would be styled like this...with rims no bigger than 18's...but thats only my imo

7721d1134088540-olds-fe3x-black-cutlass-hybrid-reply-2145047_9_full.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Dragonist said:
We all know when it comes down to a car or your house or anything that can be customized its each to its own. For all that don't know I'm black, I'm in the hood often and dislike the big rim ish and know plently that love it and like it. Individuals that know me with big rims think im retarded for not throwing as they say at least some 2's on it and what not. But how you build your car is your choice. We are all voicing our thoughts on what we dislike when it all boils down to it.

but imo a perfect cutlass would be styled like this...with rims no bigger than 18's...but thats only my imo

7721d1134088540-olds-fe3x-black-cutlass-hybrid-reply-2145047_9_full.jpg
That looks awesome! The only thing I would have left off was the body kit and I would have just lowered it too make up for it. But I agree with you about the rims. No bigger than 18s! . . . . IMO.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
GhettoRacingKid said:
for those who hate jacked up rears. this is actually the stock height of mine.

monterearside.jpg
I brought up jacked-up cars earlier, and as I reiterated, what I was talking about, for my taste anyway, is a car jacked-up so high the bumper is at a 45 degree angle....lol. I think your stance is great.
Even if it was raked to the sky, it's your car and do with it what you want.
I'm not making my car for anyone but me, so I don't expect someone to build there car to anyone's satisfaction, but their own.

jasonreid

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2011
Rockmart, Georgia
84cutlassjuggalo said:
don't knock the coloumn shifters because they came factory and as already stated they provide more comfort and less issues than the floor shifter :lol:

but as for the euro conversion comment messing with the cutlass muscle look imo that's wrong because to me the cutlass is like a hybrid. it has the 81-86 front end that looks like pure muscle and the 87 and 88 for a sleek classy look. some people like classy more than muscle and plus i know most of us even though we have an obsession would hardly beable to tell the differance between an 87 and an 84 with an 87 front end. then only difference with the 81's is the tail lights. the cutlass is made for class pure and simple but it had a muscle front on so it be a classy mucle car or a classy lux car. so remember you can't spell Cutlass with out class. and women love classy :wink:

also to the og engine comment. i have a sbc 355 in my cutlass because it came with one and not all of us were lucky enough to get a cutlass with an olds motor and trying to get an olds 350 is almost impossible in some areas. it makes the car move and drive so we can enjoy the car. pontiac, buick, olds chevy it don't matter because they're all pretty much the same. aslong as i can drive and enjoy my cutlass i don't care what motor is in it aslong as it's a gm and the same goes about some one putting a different engine in their car.

sorry about the rant i'll get off the soap box now.

as for the things i hate is toooooo many speaker because it's pointless and extreamly ugly. have like 12 if you want but atleast make them hidden or flow well with the car. not like this. I MUST WARN YOU these video contain content not suitable for any true gbody lovers. contain course colors, brief retnea damnage, extreme use of speakers, fiberglass and newest olds logo. View discression is advised. arctic customs MUST BE STOPPED AND PUNISHED FOR CRIMES AGAINST AUTOMOTIVES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaB9osFU ... re=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU31yYTA ... re=related

MY EYES DEY BURNZ!

I have coworkers shaking their heads in disbelief.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Wow they can slowly go around a car with a shitty quality camera, cool. And Wtf is up with the rear wheels sticking out so far in that second video? If any shop represents themselves with videos like that, they deserve NO business. That was ridiculous. But I'm gonna have to disagree with whoever said hella speakers is pointless, That may be your opinion, but they sure aren't pointless to somebody who loves music And spends lots of time driving. Not with all That fiberglass crap but ya know. I do like the color of That green cutty tho, I'm gonna be doing a similar color probly. But ya. Somebody PLEASE blow up that shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor