Worth $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
bought this 81' malibu sedan without a motor for $200. its in good shape but its just so damn ugly. exterior body is great but its got some rust at the bottom of the back quarter panel, and the passenger side floors toast.

http://gbodyforum.com/photos/thumbnails-315.html

i think it would make a wonderful sleeper, what you think?

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
the frames actually real nice its been undercoated since day one, i think the floor rotted out because the back vent window leaked on the passenger side.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
If the frame is indeed nice and you don't mind doing some body work and have a decent engine to put in it, it could very well be a nice sleeper. I have been complimented more on my '78 LeMans sedan than I ever was with the '78 2 door Cutlass I had, so if its something you would like to work on, I'd say to go for it. I originally bought my sedan just as a car to pass some time with, but after having the Cutlass and an '85 Grand Prix, I quickly discovered the sedans have more long term body integrity over the coupes IMHO, as the doors are lighter they don't wear the hinges and sag, and the door windows are fully framed and stay sealed up much better over time. I've never been worried about fitting in with the hot rodder crowd having to own a coupe, thus I favor the G body sedans and wagons. On the plain jane G body Malibus and such, if you put a set of classic Cragars on it, people will have to take that second look to even realize it's a sedan.

-UT-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor