BUILD THREAD You know she's a keeper when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
After a long break and shoveling way too much money down the Jeep hole, I am finally ready to get back to the Bonneville. I just ordered a 2 barrel marine intake and a Rochester 2GC carburetor off of ebay. I would have liked to got back to this sooner, but other projects made that garage space too valuble.

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
The intake manifold arrived. That thing is HEAVY.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
IMG_20180301_124725.jpg

It weighs almost as much as a cylinder head.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Cheaper mainly. This cost about $95 less than the cheapest aluminum intake that I could find. There isn't really any other advantage to going to the aluminum other than the weight, and 10-15lbs is not worth the price difference to me in this application.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Why a marine intake? Lack of emissions I'm gathering but the question stands.

Not worried about emissions either way, but it was just plain cheaper than the Edelbrock one.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I set the intake on the motor and started mocking up where things would go, and noticed that my water pump has two ports for heater hoses right on it. When the CPI intake was still on it, there was a jumper hose that fed from one of the water pump lines to the intake manifold on the under side of the thermostat.

I am now wondering how to correctly route my heater hose lines to get heat. I am guessing that I should try to install this jumper hose to the intake in a similar manner to the CPI one, and unblock one of the other ports to add a nipple to go back to the heater hose.

I am not totally sure on this one and would value some input from others.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor