Young Guns Show your Cars ( Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000.malibu.ls said:
i guess you didnt grow up playing need for speed, watching f&f and looking at your freinds older brothers eclipse with the cool stereo and clean body kit lol. im open minded to anything and everything to be honest, i can find something interersting about a geo if i looked at it long enough lol.

More like playing Test Drive 4... Choosing the '70 'Cuda every time... lol

And workin in the garage on Dad's '70 Monte, or his '70 Superbee, or '75 Nova SS, etc...

I was raised pure american muscle. :lol:

gs dewd said:
2000.malibu.ls said:
till gas prices go back up then that 12mpg 500hp eclipse will look good next to that 6mpg 700hp gbody lol

Oh hell it got like 25 mpg. Thats the thing with the imports on boost they can make power and still get decent gas milage. On the street crank the boost down and tune for pump gas, then at the track I crank the boost up tp 25 lbs with race gas and re tuned it.

lol wasnt sure because you said big cams lol

patmckinneyracing said:
I'm 18 but have my 71 roadrunner and 80 malibu. I just can't get myself to ever try to get into the import crowd. The only one I think I found that would be interesting for me to try is a 1982 nissan 280 zx. One of Dad's old friends has one with twin turbos and 6000 origional miles. That is the one and only import I would drive. The sound and power of a V8 has got me by the nuts and its staying that way lol.

Actually I was the same way. Then I got bored with building v-8's and wanted to try something new. I bought a honda first and played with that for about a yr. Then I seen sheps awd talon in action and the bug bit. I bought my 94 Eclipse for $1000 and spent 3 yrs building it to where it was when I sold it. I went through 3 trannies and 2 motors but got it to where I was happy with it. Then I missed the v-8 and sold it to fund my current project.

DeboDaddy said:
More like playing Test Drive 4... Choosing the '70 'Cuda every time... lol

And workin in the garage on Dad's '70 Monte, or his '70 Superbee, or '75 Nova SS, etc...

I was raised pure american muscle. :lol:

well my grandpa was a dirt track freak, and my dad restored a 57 gmc truck with a I-6, but i never understood those boxy cars, i thought the regal and malibu were ugly cardboard boxes the first time i saw them. Couldnt stand the malibu. when the first cars you fall in love with are body-kitted civics and eclipses, then those 80's boxy cars look like grandma cars and loose their appeal. of course im 16 and i own two gbodies now, and my papa has a malibu i would love to get my hands on... go figure...

2000.malibu.ls said:
gs dewd said:
2000.malibu.ls said:
till gas prices go back up then that 12mpg 500hp eclipse will look good next to that 6mpg 700hp gbody lol

Oh hell it got like 25 mpg. Thats the thing with the imports on boost they can make power and still get decent gas milage. On the street crank the boost down and tune for pump gas, then at the track I crank the boost up tp 25 lbs with race gas and re tuned it.

lol wasnt sure because you said big cams lol
Oh it had Comp 280 cams which Except for the bc 288's are pretty much the biggest you can get. It sounded sweet with the lope and it being a 4 cyl. Oh and btw My car wasn't built in japan. It was built in Ill. on a Chrys. assy line. So I guess it kinda makes it a Domestic car in a weird kinda way.

The thing is I built that malibu back when gas was going through the roof. Sooo through the right combination of parts and planning, I'm able to get 18 mpg on a carburated 400 hp sbc 350. This thing has a 442 lift summit cam, edelbrock 600 carb, 202 heads, performer intake, 373 auburn posi in the back, the works basically. You just have to find the right combination depending on what your shooting for. Luckily I found the balance between performance and economy.
I did see a lot of eclipses and things like that growing up. But my path of thinking was why get a light car that has a 4 cylinder when I could have a car roughly the same size, all steel (I dont like plastic lol), and have a screaming V8 that none of my buddies with trucks or imports has. That's my way of thinking.

hey jrm81bu, whered ya get yer grille? sorry to be off subject but heres my first ride: http://www.cardomain.com/id/beermonkey9417. the car is a 94' saturn sl1 1.9l il w/85hp.! wwooOOOooo.. i got it when i was 21. i got the car because i couldnt find a job and ended up joinging the army for a stint and i still own the car 7 years later. i only had to replace the motor and trans and suspention and breaks over that time. now i got a newer front bumper from the junk yard to replace the beatup one i, well, beat up. 2 years ago i found what i thought would replace that car, my elky, but it didnt work as well as i thought it would. i also have a 47cc pocket bike im fixin up for this summer. that things fast..well it goes about 35 mph but being that close to the ground and going that fast on something that small feels AWSOME! plus if my car breaks down i can pull that thing out and get to where i need to go...on the sidewalks. and it gets like 80mpg. too bad it only holds a liter.

beermonkey9417 said:
hey jrm81bu, whered ya get yer grille?

It's a stock 81' grille. I painted the outside edges black, along with the headlight bezels. I just left the horizontal bars factory chrome. Hope that helps.

Hey guys!!! Another "young gun" added to the list (8 pages too late :lol: ). I haven't been allowed on the computer because of my Calculus grade :shock: parents are out tonight, you get the picture :lol:

I'm a senior in highschool this year, my cutlass will be my driver. Pics in the photo album If you want to take a look.

LOL thats halarious man. My calculus grade has been suckin all year but its because I have a really bad teacher who doesn't want to help any students with it. I didn't sign up for the AP exam cause I would feel better just re-taking it in college.l

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor