Young Guns Show your Cars ( Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
RICER signing in

lets not be ignorant now. cars can't choose their owners. Imports have their place too. I'm 20.
My daily driver is a 95 Maxima.
maximadynoday1.jpg

dyno-1.jpg

I get great gas mileage and its very practical and fun.

I also own a 83 El Camino and am building a 71 VW Super Beetle that will be causing some tears for any "muscle car" owners short of 500 horsepower, depending on the weight of their cars.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Like I said imports are good and practical, but sometimes they end up in the hands of irresponsible owners who wanna play fast and furious. Muscle cars can get really good gas mileage too. My 80 malibu has a 350 pushing 400HP and still gets 18 mpg. Has a 442 lift cam and 373 auburn posi gears. Of course its not going to get 30 mpg but it gets pretty good gas mileage for the drivetrain it has. It's all in how you design the motor.

Nov08042.jpg

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
Re: RICER signing in

Chillin014 said:
lets not be ignorant now. cars can't choose their owners. Imports have their place too. I'm 20.
My daily driver is a 95 Maxima.
maximadynoday1.jpg

dyno-1.jpg

I get great gas mileage and its very practical and fun.

and the dyno results were...?

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
it made 223/207 as a baseline (mustang dyno). You may not be familiar with the motor but it is a FWD VQ35DE. I get 25 mpg city and its on a less than optimal engine management set up.
I never said only imports get good gas mileage. But you can switch tunes on boosted 4 bangers with the "flip of a switch" and go from economical mode to 400+ horsepower race mode and have the best of both worlds essentially.

and on that note, American cars end up in the hands of irresponsible people just as often.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
That is true as well. But nowadays, most kids can't afford to buy an old muscle car or even a g body. So maybe thats why most of the time when I'm out cruising with muscle cars, a beat up import or blazer with lowrider rims shows up and tries to be a party crasher. Had that happen last night when some kid showed up in a blazer at the car meet and spun his lowrider rim, leaving a J strip. I like imports just as anyone else, my problem lies with the drivers who are irresponsible. Ok so let me restate my idea cause I think it was targeted too much toward imports just because that's what I'm always seeing. I have a serious problem with kids who want to drive irresponsibly with the cars they have. That's why I think most kids our age should have to fix up their own cars. Once you do, you gain a whole new respect for what you have knowing you built it.

Now I won't sit here and say that I don't occassionally lay my foot into the gas pedal. Gotta have a little fun but be responsible at the same time. That malibu in the pics was ready for the scrap yard when I got it. Traded a broken dirt bike and now I baby that thing as if it were my own child.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
2000.malibu.ls said:
interesting hundai vladj, i love your fords too, what kinda racing do you do with teh hundai?

thanks. i mostly do autox events. but im yet to take it to a drag strip though. it can smoke a 305 camaro pretty easy so im happy with the way it turned out.

vlad

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
Never built a ricer, never will.(Not saying Ill never own one though)

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
patmckinneyracing said:
I like imports just as anyone else, my problem lies with the drivers who are irresponsible. Ok so let me restate my idea cause I think it was targeted too much toward imports just because that's what I'm always seeing. I have a serious problem with kids who want to drive irresponsibly with the cars they have.

There is your thesis. :lol: Yeah thats old news over here in Houston. My friend and I love the muscle car meets because the majority is older guys with their resto-mods etc and its a much more mature crowd all together. There really is no comparison to be made between the muscle car crowd and everyone else. Ive been to mannnnny meets/shows/etc and the sad reality is that most people in the car scene are generally not very smart.
Where I live the Mustang is the ultimate kid-car. Every spoiled 16 year old in town has a new generation GT and thinks its the fastest thing on earth. I've had to embarrass a few in the Maxima.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
yeah i have that same problem over here in san antonio. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and you can find them all over the place. Its gotten to the point where I have just become disgusted with them. The only mustang i would ever drive is a 69' fastback and thats it for mustangs and ford. You are right about most spoiled kids do have the new GT mustangs. I think I can honestly say I've seen every single variation, type, and combination of parts on mustangs.

MrCryptic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2009
Cypress
i've got nothing against imports really, it's the time and effort put into a car that makes it worth it. even some people who own muscle cars take it down and have the body work done, the paint put on, the engine worked on, for them.

Getting your hands dirty, putting in some elbow grease and some solid time on a vehicle really makes it worth while and you respect it more. Because while it might have taken you two to three weeks to get the body straight shoot the paint and primer, it takes a body shop 3 days. It all comes down to Time and Money, and those kids in high school with the ricers, have little money but even less time, as they want to show off their car while they're still in school and such, cause they're "the best" of course. So a new coat of paint some rims an ridiculously annoying muffler, and some A pillar gauges and you'll find an abnormally large ego with a kid like that in a ricer.

But i agree, they spoil the fun for the rest of us :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor