Young Guns Show your Cars ( Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV6 REGAL

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2006
Ont Canada
whitey said:
Imports suk, and if you own one you should be ashamed of yourself.

My Civic was made here in Ontario and my Accord was made in the US which is better then my neighbours korean built chevy.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
whitey said:
Imports suk, and if you own one you should be ashamed of yourself.

you're in Canada and have a Monte SS .... isn't your car an import (from the US)?

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
He does have a point there about your monte ss. And when did the koreans ever make a chevy?

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
patmckinneyracing said:
He does have a point there about your monte ss. And when did the koreans ever make a chevy?

I knew Toyota and Suzuki built Geos (rebadged later as Chevy) but aren't they both Japanese? Kia has ties to Ford and one doesn't see too many Daewoos here so I really know nothing about them.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Geo was Suzuki all the way...

...the Aveo and either the Equinox or Traverse are rebadged Daewoo's IIRC.

The Pontiac Vibe is a rebadged Toyota Matrix also, I'm sure there are a couple others.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
That's why I was asking cause that statement kinda left me scratchin my head. Just to make things clear guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this thread. No need to start dissing people for what they drive or what they like. And if your gonna try and say something to someone about their opinions, try and spell the words right. If you can't spell "suck" right, then your just making yourself look bad. :D

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Not all the way .... Prisms were Toyota Corrolas (sp).
I googled this the Aveo is Daewoo as is the upcoming Spark. Lots of Opels/Holdens seem to also be rebadged Daewoo's and last but certainly least ... the old Pontiac LeMans ... I always thought was a Suzuki Swift ... was also a Daewoo product.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
MrCryptic said:
i've got nothing against imports really, it's the time and effort put into a car that makes it worth it. even some people who own muscle cars take it down and have the body work done, the paint put on, the engine worked on, for them.

Getting your hands dirty, putting in some elbow grease and some solid time on a vehicle really makes it worth while and you respect it more. Because while it might have taken you two to three weeks to get the body straight shoot the paint and primer, it takes a body shop 3 days. It all comes down to Time and Money, and those kids in high school with the ricers, have little money but even less time, as they want to show off their car while they're still in school and such, cause they're "the best" of course. So a new coat of paint some rims an ridiculously annoying muffler, and some A pillar gauges and you'll find an abnormally large ego with a kid like that in a ricer.

I agree. You have to differentiate between ricers (which is a mentality in my opinion) and Imports. As people are already stating, the brand names aren't exactly PURE in their origin anymore and it shouldn't matter as long as the vehicle is quality. What about the new Pontiac GTO's which are Holden Monaro's??
When I was in highschool I begged my dad to buy me a muscle car. That was ALL i cared about and I spent hours trying to find one that met his approval. But instead what I got was the 95 Nissan Maxima I posted up...but it was reliable, comfortable, efficient, etc. I've got more hours into this car than most car enthusiasts I have met have into theirs. There is definitely something to be said for people who build their cars themselves.
different strokes for different folks

whitey

Greasemonkey
Dec 6, 2007
Ontario Canada
you "boys" know nothing of what you speak.
when a j* car is sold here the profits go overseas , when a domestic car is sold here the profits stay here , get it ?
if you live in this part of the world you have an obligation to the economy that drives this part of the world.
do you think the j* market is open to cars from this part of the world ? they're not .
how soon we forget the j* aggression in WW2.
yes my SS was made in America but I understand what's good for America is good for me as a Canadian.
defend owning an import all you want you still suk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor