Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looks like she still has good bones (y)

Reactions: 2 users

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
It certainly could be worse, given our current world situation may have more time to get it going.

Still have a long way to go. Hopefully being on here will help motivate.

Reactions: 5 users

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
Cool story on getting your old car back. A car project is a great way to get our minds off of the current craziness.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Thank you for sharing your story and chronicling your build. From what I see, that should be a good running engine. Good luck. I'll be keeping in tune with your build thread. (y):cool:(y)

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Cool story, glad you're putting it back together and it didn't get scrapped, looks like a very solid wagon.

• Agree

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Love me some long roofs, I'll be following.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome to the family that won’t give you Corona . It’s a shame your first fiancé was NOT a car person. Ironically the cars lasted way longer than that relationship. On your step son, listen from an old fart with experience, DO NOT under ANY circumstance let him drive it alone till he’s 25. For his safety and you don’t want to have to do a REBUILD thread in the future . Young people with muscle cars is what killed them in the 70s then the gas crisis. I’ve always liked the wagons. I spent over a year looking for one in my area with no luck. Bought a low mile California 79 Elco instead and made in into a 2 door wagon. Elco 300

Reactions: 4 users

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
I know he’s so stoked on the car... but maybe Hyundai would be better. My first car was 1983 trans am with 350 transplant. I didn’t wreck it too bad, but it did only take about a month. Then my insurance became completely unaffordable and I had to get a different car.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Great story on your car. Drop that engine in and send it. Let the youngster drive. He'll be the future hobbiest.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor