1980 Malibu Wagon resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I once replaced the shift indicator/pointer with a spray tube/ nozzle from a spray can. It worked fine for many years.

• Creative
Reactions: 2 users

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Love the wagon! Wish I could sell you my old shroud, but that was one part that someone bought off CL. How far north are you? Like that Honda Trail, too.. my buddy has like 4 of those things and I'm shocked at how much they are selling for.

Reactions: 1 user

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
Love the wagon! Wish I could sell you my old shroud, but that was one part that someone bought off CL. How far north are you? Like that Honda Trail, too.. my buddy has like 4 of those things and I'm shocked at how much they are selling for.
I’m about 20min from the border.

Thanks, should’ve done a build thread on the Honda st90 as well. What’s old is new. Plenty of help from beatrice cycle http://dratv.com/info.html
They rebore that cylinder .060os and she’s a runner now. Sadly missing several “irreplaceable” parts. When I got into it I had no idea they were so rare. Nice thing about the Honda 90 is the engine fit nicely on the dining room table 😋

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
Got some goodies sooner than expected... everything from Amazon is showing delays, however found that to not be true. Things I ordered that should’ve been here at the end of month arrive today.

Also got a care package with the stuff I need to fix the wipers ect from fellow member “Mikester” pretty damn awesome! Hooked up some pretty obscure stuff I needed.

I’m just saying... I’ve always wanted a big tach, this one is all the way there. Based on my own ridiculousness I do believe there is an untapped market for a stupid big tachometers in the 8-10”d range 😂

Found some decent paint that should match the interior I’m going to try and make these gauges match the interior a little better and not so over the top.

They’re autogage by autometer oil,temp,volt and sunpro tach w/shift light

Attachments

• 0EB7E2A5-794E-4B61-96C1-1BBB9A3E7715.jpeg
    0EB7E2A5-794E-4B61-96C1-1BBB9A3E7715.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • E9846FE3-ECB0-445E-A504-31202765F45B.jpeg
    E9846FE3-ECB0-445E-A504-31202765F45B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 175
  • Haha

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
Well sometimes things take time... however finally got most of the bits and pieces put together and finally started it all up. Got the cam broke in and set my idle and engine sounds real nice. Sadly there is an oil leak from the front 2 piece timing cover and I'm not quite sure how to remedy this. Have to go down and buy a new oil filter and change out the break in oil. Think I must be very low on transmission fluid because I tried to move the car around and it and it was like I had a high stall converter/slipping. Super stoked how the gauges turned out and the steering wheel with my rustic paint job. I bought some carpet from ACC custom in beige vinyl. Now that the car is running though it's time to move on to the more cosmetic things and sort out some of the other details. For eg. The hood latch cable is broken so have to figure that out or get hood pins; The damn blower/fan motor won't stop when the lever is all the way down? I unplugged it temporarily : ( The exhaust is put together, however, I'm not even going to mention the hanger situation I rigged up under there lol.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Which bolts (Behind the Bumper) are the ones that remove the bumper? Going to be painting my Malibu up here soon, and I am trying to figure out which remove the Front and Rear Bumper. Awesome job! :love:

The wires sticking out of your radio looked similar to what I have going on with the Malibu. Which radio did you purchase for the Wagon? I may want to get something similar. Thanks, Loving the work you have done here thus far.:cool:(y):love:.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
The damn blower/fan motor won't stop when the lever is all the way down? I unplugged it temporarily : (
There is no "off" for the heater fan. If you want to turn it off completely, you will need to install an on/off switch in the power wire. This is where I put mine.
20200514_194022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor