1986 Cutlass Supreme Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
joe-dirt-rusty.gif

Sorry to see that. It's hurts when your car gets whacked by a tree. Check the frame, too. That was a heckuva hit.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
What’s up everybody✌🏼, just a lil info about me. Im Junior a 23 year old from cali who loves classic cars & G-Bodies! My first love was a ‘86 Buick Regal limited & ever since I sold her I told myself my next car has got to be a G-Body no matter what. Luckily my pops passed down his ‘86 cutlass to me!🙌🏼 I’m a returning member, I used to have an account when I had my 86 regal. But now I’m hoping to stay permanently lol. Without further ado here’s my baby, my 1 & only 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Initially my plan was to turn it into a lowrider because that’s what I grew up around. It’s fun & all but for sure a lot of maintenance. But after thinking it through I’m going to stick with turning it into a reliable daily so I can take it on long trips with my daughter. My plan so far is either get a 5.3 or 5.7 LS, Wilwood brakes all around, QA1 level 2 suspension & some 15 inch 52 series Oldsmobile wheel vintiques to give it that 80’s muscle car typa look. 1 more thing, it has a euro clip which I’m gonna take off & put the original ‘86 front end. I like that shovel grill look more than the euro🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 216563 View attachment 216564 View attachment 216565 View attachment 216566
So I actually wrote that a couple days ago but never got around to posting it & this is what just happened tonight!!!😂😩 these damn cali winds ain’t no joke… View attachment 216567 View attachment 216568 View attachment 216569 View attachment 216570
View attachment 216571 so now she’s gonna stay in hibernation for a while.💔 this is now motivating me more to finish this project car so we’ll see how it goes throughout the year.
Looks like a heavy hit when you factor the momentum of the tree falling.

Just a suggestion, but, before doing any tear down, or, buying parts, see if you can get the frame measured. The frames on these cars aren't all that strong, and, with the amount of force that probably landed on it, I'd ay least have it measured...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor