1992 Camaro "The Lady Mullet" Z28

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Those gears must be lost on that TPI motor, but since it's getting something with legs in the future I'd call it a win.

cars don't always have to be fast....take my Jeep as an example....on second thought please just take my Jeep..... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
cars don't always have to be fast....take my Jeep as an example....on second thought please just take my Jeep..... :popcorn:

Good point. I think Mike's next purchase should be a trailer hitch on that note.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
When I was trucking down the highway just shy of 70mph and it was turning 2500rpms - I had a WTF moment. When I finally decided to floor it from a stop and it short shifted at 3000rpm I knew something was up (gears change, governor not modified). It still got amazing gas mileage. For an around town car the Mrs shouldn't have any complaints.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Very much looking forward to what you come up with

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When I was trucking down the highway just shy of 70mph and it was turning 2500rpms - I had a WTF moment. When I finally decided to floor it from a stop and it short shifted at 3000rpm I knew something was up (gears change, governor not modified). It still got amazing gas mileage. For an around town car the Mrs shouldn't have any complaints.

I wonder how much weight saving the Mrs will have when she removes the interior... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Loaded the car up with the kids' car seats last night for daycare drop off this morning. Natasha reports back that "Cool Mom" status was achieved. Mission accomplished.

Very much looking forward to what you come up with

First steps will be wheels/tires, suspension, and brakes. Figure an LS1-style brake swap, Koni yellows, good bushings, tall ball joints, UMI roto-joint loaded arms, sway bars, and some sticky meaty rollers on the corners should make this thing a trip.

I just dug through the service history paperwork (looking for proof of the gear swap) and found that they stuck the equivalent of MOOG 5608s front springs in this thing. 424lbs/in? Gross. Going to swap those out for chopped 5664s. 800lbs/in baby!

Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Loaded the car up with the kids' car seats last night for daycare drop off this morning. Natasha reports back that "Cool Mom" status was achieved. Mission accomplished.

First steps will be wheels/tires, suspension, and brakes. Figure an LS1-style brake swap, Koni yellows, good bushings, tall ball joints, UMI roto-joint loaded arms, sway bars, and some sticky meaty rollers on the corners should make this thing a trip.

I just dug through the service history paperwork (looking for proof of the gear swap) and found that they stuck the equivalent of MOOG 5608s front springs in this thing. 424lbs/in? Gross. Going to swap those out for chopped 5664s. 800lbs/in baby!

if the Mrs keeps you up late at nights to upgrade her car you may end up with 2 red eyes.... :popcorn:

• Clever

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
You still have the TBSS?

Can't sell it?

Looks like an engine donor to me :p

The prices on GMT360's is nothing these days. How they tanked so bad is beyond me. Buddy of mine sold his fully forged TBSS with built 60e with coilovers and a bunch of work (albeit a rough body and more than one salvage title incident) for like 5500 or 6k?

• Winner

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I wonder how much weight saving the Mrs will have when she removes the interior... :popcorn:
It's been about 12 years but I think a complete gutting of the interior on my 82 was 320-350 pounds or so? That's a couple of tenths right there. But what kind of masochist wants to sit in an aluminum Kirky for more than 1/4 mile at a time :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's been about 12 years but I think a complete gutting of the interior on my 82 was 320-350 pounds or so? That's a couple of tenths right there. But what kind of masochist wants to sit in an aluminum Kirky for more than 1/4 mile at a time :)

I was being sarcastic....if you read Mike's posts about his Hellkitty you'd understand....it's all good... :popcorn:

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor