200-4R rebuild diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
if going non l/u you will need that valve setup for the pump. I'm a lock up guy as i do drive mine regularly. Locked up or slip(Heat, and I'm in Texas). Some slip is still slip where I'm from. Now if I was after the quickest pass at the strip, I do believe a nonLock is the way to go. Looks like you are on your way by the pix. A stiffer sonnax slide spring, hard pump rings and some solid Teflon rings for the shafts instead of the scarf cut might still be needed. I don't know what is included in your kits. That wide band will need a new or cut drum for the wide band to ride on. Dont take much off that drum or it becomes junk. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/direct-drum-machining.433080/

You also might need some thick steels to get the direct clearance set. I cheaped it out and just added an extra stock steel with the raybestos clutches I used.

Hey Texas,

I have the the lock up valve and the pump hardened rings in my wishlist. I will check my transgo kit for the slide spring. It has a few in there. Do you have a part#for it? In case it doesn't have it.

It's a good point about the drum I didn't even think about the band's extra width in it for machining . My rebuild kit brings the cut rings.

I will check the rest of the kit. I'll need some torrington bearings to like used on the t type regal build jakeshoe did.

I just finished my 700r4. Make sure you measure all clearances and air check too. First time I didn't...that's why it's referred to as my first try.... :blam:

I will check for sure. A lot of good info in this thread from you guys.

Thanks,

Joe

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
As long as your old drum is not burned you can reuse it. Check it with a straight edge across the machined surface and make sure you can't see any light under it. If it didn't burn up the old band or have a sh*t ton of miles on, you might be able to save yourself a nice chunk of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor