231 swap to 350 / 383 stroker

Status
Not open for further replies.

79Firebird

n00b
Jul 15, 2017
Hey guys,

I can swapping out a 231 from a 1979 firebird and installing a 383 stroker. My questions are about motor mounts and exactly what I need to bolt the engine in correctly. I am also pulling out the old transmission and putting in a turbo 350, as I believe will bolt in. Not sure of the drive shaft length though.... any way any help or pointers on this would be appreciated. Any ideas where to get parts would be helpful too. Thank you all in advance for the advise.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
If your 383 is a SBC, then you will need to unbolt the 231 motor mounts off of your frame and install SBC motor mounts.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The frame brackets you can buy at a auto store or catalog. You will want the four bolt chevy engine mounts, though you will only use 3 of the bolt holes on a G frame. The upper brackets that mount to the block either should have come with the engine or you will have to buy used on Ebay or elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

79Firebird

n00b
Jul 15, 2017
Thanks Pagrunt. Any pointers, links, or pic's you could send over would be awesome. Also like I said earlier I am swapping the transmission as well for a TH350. The rear end is a 3.42 Posi out of a 79 Z28. Does that sound like a good hook up to you? Just looking for advise. Trying to make a fun car to drive around town and make some noise. Thoughts?? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor