350 engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a 200

The 200 trans will not stand up behind any kind of hp or TQ upgrade.The small block olds is a great engine and makes good hp and tq.Before you buy an engine you have to know what your goals are for this car.Is this your daily driver,weekend car,street strip car,show car. You can not spend to much time on planing, a good plan will save you time and money.
Good luck with your build

Burnhard hit it on the head. You had the cart ahead of the horse nobody can answer that well without knowing your goals for the car. In your pics you list your engine picture as a ho (olds) 307 but the picture looks like it is a chevy 305 as there is no oil fill tube up front. You are going to want a motor and a transmission because now is the time to do it to save time and labor and the 200 is a weak pos that will most likely only live a short time behind anything much stronger than stock. Guessing on the experience level based on what you have said so far I would say a crate engine with a warranty is a good idea. How good is your credit are you working can you finance a motor if you have to or do you have some money saved up to work with?

dogshit said:
Burnhard hit it on the head. You had the cart ahead of the horse nobody can answer that well without knowing your goals for the car. In your pics you list your engine picture as a ho (olds) 307 but the picture looks like it is a chevy 305 as there is no oil fill tube up front. You are going to want a motor and a transmission because now is the time to do it to save time and labor and the 200 is a weak pos that will most likely only live a short time behind anything much stronger than stock. Guessing on the experience level based on what you have said so far I would say a crate engine with a warranty is a good idea. How good is your credit are you working can you finance a motor if you have to or do you have some money saved up to work with?

Oil filler neck is behind the heater hose going to the water pump
normal_Photo0196.jpg

I see it now. 😳

GhettoRacingKid said:
i agree with pulling a motor.

if you are going new. get something better. blueprint motors that sells threw jegs and summit has some 400+ ho motors pretty cheap.
Blueprint, really? I went that route once. :blam:

Burnhard said:
The 200 trans will not stand up behind any kind of hp or TQ upgrade.The small block olds is a great engine and makes good hp and tq.Before you buy an engine you have to know what your goals are for this car.Is this your daily driver,weekend car,street strip car,show car. You can not spend to much time on planing, a good plan will save you time and money.
Good luck with your build
daily driver

cullencombs said:
GhettoRacingKid said:
i agree with pulling a motor.

if you are going new. get something better. blueprint motors that sells threw jegs and summit has some 400+ ho motors pretty cheap.
Blueprint, really? I went that route once. :blam:
whats wrong with them

dogshit said:
on that note. its go be a b :twisted: tch to find a combo thats not 10,000

lildhix said:
dogshit said:
on that note. its go be a b :twisted: tch to find a combo thats not 10,000
for what its worth,
I found a sbo 350 with a th400 for 350.00... had it rebuilt.. new bearings, rings, camshaft, lifters, harmonic balancer, oil pump, timing chain, heads reworked, crank turned....for less than 1200.00. added a few more goodies that i wanted, but didnt need...put the costs up to about 2g's. But, instead of having a remanufuctard weak v-6 or 30(fill in the number), ive got a nice sounding, torque welding, tire shredding ROCKET!!!...ok...ill shut up....
Seriously...If I were you, Id find a 1969-1973 Olds 350 or any older SBC 350 and rebuild it, you wont be sorry. And, an Olds will fit almost exactly like the 307 did, so id try to find one of those first....Just my two cents and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor