4.1 v6 to buick 350 build (about time) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Bar50 said:
Olds brackets will not fit a Buick engine.

The older 350 Buick brackets will fit and clear in the car, there is not a provision for the radial a/c compressor your Regal uses. That's why most guys are advising you to use your 4.1 brackets on the 350. Go score some more at the you-pull-it salvage....

Thanks for clearing that up :) Thats the plan. Im heading out to the yard today..:)

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Man!!
Ur build is going to be legit!!! Can wait to see it all done!!! I can tell u this, since 80zbabiez is building this engine i know its going to be top of the line...keep it up bro...u inspired me to build a engine too...good job..

Thanks Saint! Yea its a learning process for sure. Right now collecting parts and odds an ends..Trying to get this engine top notch :)

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Hey vic dmon child knows of a machine shop that can clean the block once we drill out those oil passages for a good price

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
melman109 said:
Hey vic dmon child knows of a machine shop that can clean the block once we drill out those oil passages for a good price

Thats awesome.. I still have to get a Dremel Tool and some long drill bits. I did find some drill bit clamps that you bolt on so we wont go too deep...

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
v2vera said:
melman109 said:

Thats awesome.. I still have to get a Dremel Tool and some long drill bits. I did find some drill bit clamps that you bolt on so we wont go too deep...
harbor freight!!!

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
kuruption109 said:
v2vera said:
melman109 said:

harbor freight!!!

The Dremel tool I can find on craigslist for a the Dremel brand..The drill bits I dont trust them from harbor freight not for something like this.. Im afraid they will burn up quick, I would rather get a quality set from Home depot or Mels fav store Ace Hardware lol

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The drill bits are almost three feet long.

If you find a Buick 'guy' you might rent them, or I would see what he would charge to do it. You don't have to worry about going too deep. Its more about keeping it true/straight. I did mine free hand, and fv@ked it up (*there is a GN/GS guy here I know pretty well, let me use them in his shop). I just managed to salvage the block by soldering it up! If a machine shop charged you $50 its still worth it. Then they will vat the block, add new cam bearings and freeze plugs, but, you should pick up Grand National cam bearings ($15 or so) buy two sets (v8's need one more bearing). Might call around, the cam bearing part number was like B12-B. Also score a rubber rear main seal, seems like it was from a Ford 300 straight six. Use the turbo v6 or just later model, like the 4.1 front timing cover seal too. The 350's have rope front and rear main seals, bah! its junk!!!

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Bar50 said:
The drill bits are almost three feet long.

If you find a Buick 'guy' you might rent them, or I would see what he would charge to do it. You don't have to worry about going too deep. Its more about keeping it true/straight. I did mine free hand, and fv@ked it up (*there is a GN/GS guy here I know pretty well, let me use them in his shop). I just managed to salvage the block by soldering it up! If a machine shop charged you $50 its still worth it. Then they will vat the block, add new cam bearings and freeze plugs, but, you should pick up Grand National cam bearings ($15 or so) buy two sets (v8's need one more bearing). Might call around, the cam bearing part number was like B12-B. Also score a rubber rear main seal, seems like it was from a Ford 300 straight six. Use the turbo v6 or just later model, like the 4.1 front timing cover seal too. The 350's have rope front and rear main seals, bah! its junk!!!

Thanks great info for sure! I will do some research and see if there is any good buick builders here in Phoenix. If not I think were going to do it ourselves cross our fingers and hope for the best lol...about the seals I agree. I saw the ones that came with the gasket kit..not to fond of them either.. I will look into that..

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Got some parts in the mail today :) Big thanks to LSCUSTOMS for hooking it up with a sweet deal on the Holley carb AND threw in a present in the box :) thanks again for the Edelbrock air cleaner and filter...also got my new/used oil pan since mine was beat to hell..

Attachments

• holley 2.jpg
    holley 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 624
  • oil pan.jpg
    oil pan.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 611
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 614

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
v2vera said:
Got some parts in the mail today :) Big thanks to LSCUSTOMS for hooking it up with a sweet deal on the Holley carb AND threw in a present in the box :) thanks again for the Edelbrock air cleaner and filter...also got my new/used oil pan since mine was beat to hell..

Sweet hook ups....Thats whats up!!! Keep it going bro! :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor