BUILD THREAD '78 Cutlass Supreme Lichen Edition

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Been a while, but I think GM only made 2. One was 39 inches the other about 43 inches long. I'll have to look into this...

But as John said... TH200, TH2004R and TH700R4 were TV cables. Not kick down cables. Run with TV cable unhooked and you burn out the clutches very quick...

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Been a while, but I think GM only made 2. One was 39 inches the other about 43 inches long. I'll have to look into this...

But as John said... TH200, TH2004R and TH700R4 were TV cables. Not kick down cables. Run with TV cable unhooked and you burn out the clutches very quick...
I may have had my terminology mixed. I understood only that the TV cable is a thing with the pre-computer 4-speed autos, and if I'm going to swap the 200 metric for a 2004R from a 442, then I'm going to need some bracketry to get the TV cable working with the dualjet. After some looking on other forums, I'll likely be able to find something in the aftermarket. I'm still in the decision-making phase.

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
TH200/200C also had TV Cables. If you are using the dual jet for proper year, it should have the correct connector on it or the hole drilled. I'll try to get you a photo.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor