78 GMC caballero (elky love)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeup. I will be swinging the axle full down and full up before welding the notches in. However, at 12" of space at the top of the notch I think that should be healthy enough to accomidate it. I am worried more at this point about clearing the ls1 brakes in the rear than I am with the axle tubes hitting the frame.

Welded the brackets to the tubing then plug welded them to the frame and cut out the rails
C0209589-28A3-47BB-A628-D90E81068546-813-0000028823B67D8E_zps60c5e911.jpg

Then with a little trimming for the lower control arms
9AF95E2B-F1FF-413C-91DA-33D702969976-813-000002883CBDF48A_zpsc08d4faf.jpg

I was able to tuck the rear end up to 13" from axle center to floor not the 14" I was hoping for but should be plenty for the wheels and tires I like...
C0F25F67-5B9F-4F1A-A2DB-0DD726680991-813-0000028844E0E1BB_zpsa49e1294.jpg

Damn, that will be laying frame for sure!

I should hope so! LMAO
I am busting my *ss to make sure 26" tall wheels/tires clear with room to spare but I really only plan on running 22" tall wheels/tires max!
I guess there is no point of doing if youre not going to over do it!!!

the ghoul said:

I say that often!

liquidh8 said:
the ghoul said:

I say that often!
One of the other forums I belong to the guy said
"That's just a bunch of extra weight for no reasion, you put a fast engine and performance brakes on it then you weigh it down... that's just stupid"
I pointed out it was changing the weight distribution and helping traction in the rear...
But honestly I've loved these for so long I really don't care if its fast or not...

I hear the weight argument a lot. If I was building a purpose built 1/4 mile only car, then yes. But the guys (no offense to those reading 😀 ), who take the car to the track once, drive it on the weekends, and gut all the amenities to save 200 lbs in foolish to me.

liquidh8 said:
I hear the weight argument a lot. If I was building a purpose built 1/4 mile only car, then yes. But the guys (no offense to those reading 😀 ), who take the car to the track once, drive it on the weekends, and gut all the amenities to save 200 lbs in foolish to me.
What kills me are the ones that gutt everything possible but think that light weight rotating components are a east of money... even tho rotational mass is 7 times its static weight...
Any how
New toy arrived today!
Bead roller; I can't wait to try it out!!!
3D420B29-7905-4ACC-97EA-A68B9149C8A7-1109-0000033C6E93ECF3_zpsdccca79e.jpg

I need me bead roller! Nice!

liquidh8 said:
I need me bead roller! Nice!
I dig this one, but wish I had waited for one with an electric motor.... cranking it and keeping a straight line is difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor