78 GMC caballero (elky love)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a real quick glance, the c6 vette has the same ebrake shoe number as the ls1 fbody so I would make the assumption based on that that the ebrake drum portion of both rotors are the same diameter.
Given that, I did some quick theoretical drawings and Yes... totally plossable.
If we make a 1/2" spacer between the backer and axle tube that will put the ebrake stuff in the correct position.
Cut the stock PAB mount off the LS1 backer. This will allow clearence.
Then we can make a big "C" shaped bracket that fits around the axle tube to the oposite side of the axle flange from the LS1 backer plate. This will act as the new PAB mounting plate.
I will email you the quick drawing I did and will post the pic here when I get home (work restricts what I can do)

sh*t, this means Im buying zo6 rear rotors now!

I got them, I read the email before I read the post, lol, so there is some duplicate information.
An observation, running the new bracket for the PAB, could cause interference with the frame rail, not sure though. Since the disc portion would actually be farther from the frame, the caliper would also be farther from the frame, and it may be a wash.

liquidh8 said:
I got them, I read the email before I read the post, lol, so there is some duplicate information.
An observation, running the new bracket for the PAB, could cause interference with the frame rail, not sure though. Since the disc portion would actually be farther from the frame, the caliper would also be farther from the frame, and it may be a wash.
I believe it will be a wash as the pab mounts are much lower than the caliper itself I believe you will have to be riding very low to see any contact.
since my frame is now narrowed and notched in the rear I dont think it will be an issue on my end... also... we now have the oppertunity to rotate the caliper even more out of the way of the rail (seeing how we we are making a new caliper mount and all).
the only issue I saw was to make this work the bolts will now be between the rotor and PAB meaning they will probably be a PITA to tighten. But hey, nothing comes easy right?
Well rear rotor ordered on my end.
I figgured this will cut down on shipping! LOL
Also if this does work I will want to run them my self (match the drilled zo6 rotors in the front and all)

That is sweet, and I think you are right. Tightening the PAB could be a PITA, but for as often as the rear brakes get changes, it is no big deal IMO.

liquidh8 said:
That is sweet, and I think you are right. Tightening the PAB could be a PITA, but for as often as the rear brakes get changes, it is no big deal IMO.
About how I have it figured.... then again I've got ratchiting box wrenches so I'll be fine! Lol

8abuseda.jpg

USPS at its best. I tried to pm the pic

Dang, just looked again at it. That appears to be the largest diameter bracket. So.... absolutely no good to you!
Ah well, gives me an excuse to get the rear brackets done and out at the same time

You are correct, I plan on running the larger rotors, but first I need to get bigger wheels. so it looks like I will need the first set of brackets for a 13 inch rotors.

Just pulled the trigger on my air ride system from AVS, can't wait!!

NICE! Can't wait to see some pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor