BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 6/17/14 Chassis assembly!!!

Ok, so here is the latest. I haven't gotten a ton done on the chassis, with the holiday and waiting on parts. I did get the fuel lines done, the transmission tailshaft bushing and seal, the u-joints in and the driveshaft cleaned up an painted, the transmission crossmember and custom rubber isolators (the originals were soft like putty) installed, new transmission mount. I also got the stainless pre-bent (not even close) transmission lines installed.

Here is the 3/8" SS return line going into the regulator.

3edybahy.jpg

Here is the SS 1/2" pressure line going to the rail.

8u4e6ety.jpg

I bent the SS hard line to run down the front of the engine like factory, or at least as close as I could get since the line sizes are bigger. And I used all Teflon line and SS hose ends from Aeroquip (courtesy of the Air Force, :D )

arebujeb.jpg

SS line, and black tube nuts and sleaves

tu4a3ysu.jpg

Just the cleaned up driveshaft and heavy duty MOOG U-joints. The rear joint is a chevy/ford end deal for the yolk.

ybevuhy2.jpg

9a9e8yva.jpg

SS transmission lines.

9uvepe8y.jpg

Home made mount I quick fabbed up.

gebedu4u.jpg

ate3uryg.jpg

I have some stuff coming from Kirbans again, a new HD water pump, serpentine belt, heat shield, some other things. I had to heat and destroy the old T-stat neck to get it out. I have a METCO billet replacement with a new T-stat.

:D :D :D

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014

This is the way, I want to build my Olds some day! Just beautiful!

Keep up the good work :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Pasikiainen said:
This is the way, I want to build my Olds some day! Just beautiful!

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 7/7/14 Chassis assembly!!!

Nice work, it makes it alot easier to do work like that with no body in the way.... :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Thank you guys. It is alot easier getting things done on the drivetrain with the body off.

I managed to get some other things done today. Got the heavy duty water pump in. I also got the s hoses in, the thermostat housing and thermostat, the pcv valve grommet and the RJC Racing PCV valve. I put a new breather grommet and breather. I replaced most of the vacuum lines too.

ytyrune5.jpg

7y9u4y7a.jpg

2e2agydy.jpg

epa9u2u5.jpg

qequpehe.jpg

ugy7y4et.jpg

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona

Sweet Jim!

I picked up a couple of ideas from your latest post. You my friend just solved one of my routing issues. Why I never thought of it, I don't know. Damn sure glad you always have your innovation hat on though. ...

Looking good. ...

Scott, ...

:arrow: :eek: :arrow: :wink: :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8) :arrow:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

ssbrewskyaz said:
Sweet Jim!

I picked up a couple of ideas from your latest post. You my friend just solved one of my routing issues. Why I never thought of it, I don't know. Damn sure glad you always have your innovation hat on though. ...

Looking good. ...

Scott, ...

:arrow: :eek: :arrow: :wink: :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8) :arrow:

Thanks,glad I could help!

I got more done today, no pictures though. I ran the-4 PTFE nitrous line. I used some split loom to cover it up and protect it. I finished up the brake line on the rear, modified the metal line on the power steering pump to use Teflon line to and from the hydroboost and steering box also. I put a bunch of shims in the upper control arms, just to eyeball the clearance I would need with the performance alignment. I know the body isn't on and the weight isn't there, but I just wanted to get a worst case with a big shim stack. I ended up cutting some of the shock shaft threads off to make it shorter.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Next stage, cleaning and bedlining the floor pans the rest of the way.

7ydyqeme.jpg

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

Propane torch and a stiff paint scraper. Eastwood also sells a spray bomb solvent to help with this task, but I have not yet tried the stuff. Managed to clean up the bottom of a truck bed in about 2 hours without setting anything on fire. Messy, though.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor