84' Cutlass pro touring build

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Driver side riveted in. Very solid and not easily accomplished.
Placed hood spear just to see what she looks like. In your opinion is this too much? As in should I paint spear white or run with it as is? I think it looks pretty good but I am not one known for great taste.
20221203_130740.jpg
20221203_130846.jpg
20221203_130914.jpg
20221203_131211.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it's already black,i'd leave it for now,it's a small part,you can always pull it off,change it later on.when the car's all assembled and all the trims on,it may take on a different look.looking good Tony.it'll be a car before you know it.

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking sharp Tony!
I’m digging those hood vents far more than I thought I would. I don’t hate the spear being black, but I think it would be a little more understated if it was white. As Chris said, I’d run it as-is for a bit to see how you like it, and then change it later down the road if you don’t.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
How much bright and black trim will you have on the whole car? Im thinking leave it.

it's already black,i'd leave it for now,it's a small part,you can always pull it off,change it later on.when the car's all assembled and all the trims on,it may take on a different look.looking good Tony.it'll be a car before you know it.

Looking sharp Tony!
I’m digging those hood vents far more than I thought I would. I don’t hate the spear being black, but I think it would be a little more understated if it was white. As Chris said, I’d run it as-is for a bit to see how you like it, and then change it later down the road if you don’t.
Thanks guys. Questions about mounting the spear. I'm getting new spring studs with rubber grommets to mount it as old ones were trash. There was a plastic strip that ran length of trim that crumbled when removed. That i cannot find. What would you guys recommend to replace it ??? I'm guessing i can trim foam adhesive to fit and send it.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah that would work. I've got plastic you could use to make one. Thinnest is 1/4" though which I think may be too thick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Yeah that would work. I've got plastic you could use to make one. Thinnest is 1/4" though which I think may be too thick
Appreciate it but agree that is too thick. I'll mock up with foam and see if it'll work. The old plastic strip was paper thin. Much thinner than windshield trim stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Maybe just thick mil Visqueen?

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Thanks guys. Questions about mounting the spear. I'm getting new spring studs with rubber grommets to mount it as old ones were trash. There was a plastic strip that ran length of trim that crumbled when removed. That i cannot find. What would you guys recommend to replace it ??? I'm guessing i can trim foam adhesive to fit and send it.
that was there just to keep from chafing the paint,you can use anything from paper gasket to a super thin strip of rubber.i aquired a 1/16" sheet of rubber(somewhere)and i've used it for things like that.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Tony,

I wanted to say a few words about your build. This thread got by me somehow and once I was aware of it, and that it was your thread, It was probably 50+ pages. Getting caught up on it was long on my to-do list. I had hernia repair surgery the Friday before Thanksgiving and while recovering, took the opportunity to read the thread start to finish. I've been wanting to reply but wanted to wait until I was at a keyboard and had a moment. You've done a beautiful job with your car. You're much too modest about the results you've achieved. It's something you should be very proud of. I've enjoyed reading your thread and look forward to watching you finish the car. I had no idea about the injury to your hand. How is that these days? The fact that you've done most of this build with your left hand, when you are/were right-handed makes it all the more impressive. Keep up the great work!

As to falling of the ladder, be careful man. They say that's the number one way us guys hurt ourselves. A good friend of mine's dad fell off a 6' step ladder onto concrete paving. He ended up with a blood clot and it could have killed him.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor