BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Loaded up for the drive tomorrow. +2 Bonus points for the pontiac snowflakes on the dolly trailer. I had a set of olds ralleys on there but the tires were a little weatherchecked and didnt want to drive on them that long. Almost had the BOP rig. Now I just got BPP.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Got settled in and got the nose on the car. Theres something wrong with the bumper on the passenger side. I measured and the shock is pushed in on the passenger side like an inch more than the drivers side. Do the bumper shocks push in and get stuck?

Might cut a hole in the hood tomorrow. :/

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Seems like it's about all they really do in life. Except the one that got hooked on a pillar, pulled OUT and stuck.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Iowa is different. Never had a license plate without lakes (MN) or bison (ND) so theres that! haha! Its not much different though.

I got the rest of the nose bolted on after work (that took forever). Also got the hood bolted on and it damn near fits without a hole. I need to get a different altenator tensioner and move my air intake setup around but its about an inch from closing. I think if I had a f body oil pan it would fit the way it is.

I think what im going to do is cut a little bit out of the reinforcing from the hood and space up the rear hinges like 3/4". That should do. It will look a bit stupid but nothing on the car is really straight.

I also found out why the bumper shock was stuck in. I think the original owner hit a rock or something with it and it got pushed it. I got it out maybe 1/4" with a pry bar but thats all I got. I need a porta power or something.

First time the car has had a hood in 15 years (my best guess) since it blew up in 01 or so.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So I robbed peter to pay paul yesterday. The cutlass is back to daily driver duty and I noticed the column lockout wasnt fully going up so I had to help it to turn the key off. I thought it was out of adjustment but no biggy. Parked it on my driveway which is a little angled and the car wouldnt go into park. Turned out the cutlass broke the shifter cable at the bracket so I stole the one off the GP. The cutlass never had a true 200r4 setup (th350 modded to work with overdrive so I had to rob more parts then I wanted.

The GP trans is the dirtyest thing i have ever seen. It had a leak and lived down a gravel road so it had about a 2" layer that I had to scrape off to get the parts I needed.

What a pair!

And I bought a lathe, and my buddy bought a mill. I was going to put the money into a th400 build but I am a monarch lathe afficinado. 1941 4000lb chunk of cast iron! Needs tooling and electrical work but its almost exactly what I wanted.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
And I got the hood to close without any holes in the hood. Just cut some bracing. Need to get the air filter back in and make a new alt tensioner but otherwise were good!

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
We're is the firebird? Hope you can keep something together for the first Sunday in October. Big state wide car cruise and show. Cluise To The Woods. I have a lathe. A old bench top belt driven South Bend. Only used it once, but sure is a cute little booger. I have ran a lathe like that one before, they work good.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor