BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
He could extend the pipes, but they're too far inboard from the pics I've seen. Eventually the exhaust gasses will corrode the finish on the quarter panels, and possibly let exhaust fumes be directed back under the car and get into the HVAC system. Possibly.
Good thing he doesn't have an HVAC system! 🤣

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Good thing he doesn't have an HVAC system! 🤣
There is that, that's true. Forgot about that. Heck, he can't even use the wipers.

But still, exhaust potentially floating around underneath the car can't be good. It finds ways of getting in. Not a problem going down the road, but at stops and traffic jams, etc...

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
:sleep::sleep::sleep: at stoplights

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
There is that, that's true. Forgot about that. Heck, he can't even use the wipers.

But still, exhaust potentially floating around underneath the car can't be good. It finds ways of getting in. Not a problem going down the road, but at stops and traffic jams, etc...
I could easily be wrong. I frequently am. I don't see it as problem but if he wants tips on it then that's what he should do.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
My thought was polish his existing tailpipes right at the end, then get these, paint them black, and slip them over that way the polished shows thru

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My thought was polish his existing tailpipes right at the end, then get these, paint them black, and slip them over that way the polished shows thru
No pic or attachment?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
See my previous post with the laser pipe cutter

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Why am I not seeing the problem? These pypes pipes exit just fine from what I see.

I dumped the exhaust on the Monte, and have done so on numerous occasions over the years and never had any lasting effects...

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Why am I not seeing the problem? These pypes pipes exit just fine from what I see.

I dumped the exhaust on the Monte, and have done so on numerous occasions over the years and never had any lasting effects...

Dumps are just fine on mine too

• Haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I came home earlier, adjusted the idle, flashed the tune but it was still idling high like a vacuum leak. Our resident LS expert suggested a couple things to do, but had to stop to get my kids. I'll troubleshoot some later if time permits, but here is one of the videos I got....

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor