BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Testing out my gasket making skills today. I bought a sheet of 1/8" high density gasket foam made specifically for sealing lights to bodies. I figured i could make my own, have some excess that i can use elsewhere for gaskets/seals that aren't reproduced to ensure once the cutlass goes back together it will be sealed up properly for a long time.
20170219_102048.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Beautiful 70° day here in KY....got my route done ahead of schedule so i figured time to tinker around before i have to pick up my girls.

Finally got the steering shaft painted nicely, greased up the shaft (i know, i know :D) and put back together.
20170220_154629.jpg

More "riff raff" to come shortly hehe!

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I also got my blazer hubs painted as i didn't feel confident the "anti-rust" coating would last longer than paint. Installed the grease fittings, and done! Pretty productive for about an hour of play time without the wife or kids here.
20170220_161339.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
And I walked right in...... I have a habit of walking through every open door I see-never know when there might be a naked lady in there!
Sooo true! I'm usually the one throwing dirty puns....so much so my wife just rolls her eyes anymore lol! Runs in the family, my 70yr old dad is probably worse than me.

Reactions: 1 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
At least she rolls her eyes. Mine just looks at me like she's deciding whether it might be just as well to kill me now lol

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Glad you are making some progress. Your statement with you car at the painters is the exact reason I learnt to do my own stuff a long time ago, I only trust myself to do what I want.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor