87 Monte Carlo SS aerocoupe -2nd chance-

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Looking good. I'm excited hear your thoughts on the FITech system.
Same here. It seems like a very well put together kit. My only complaint so far is the o2 bung they give you in the kit. They want you to drill a hole, set the bung over it and wrap 2 hose clamps around the header securing the bung. I just welded it into the header like a normal person!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Hmmmmm,well maybe I'll put this fitech system on my POS 461.as right now it has a brand new Holley 750 DP.and we all know how I HATE carburetors(and anything that is NOT a LS based efi engine in my G's!) You still haven't gotten a serp set-up for that BBC?!?! I'll hook you up if you are still interested? I have a couple raw as well as FINNISHED serp set-up with modded brackets to mount the serps to the BBC;) GREAT progreSS Brennan!!! And as others,waiting patiently for the overview on that fitech!!!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Hmmmmm,well maybe I'll put this fitech system on my POS 461.as right now it has a brand new Holley 750 DP.and we all know how I HATE carburetors(and anything that is NOT a LS based efi engine in my G's!) You still haven't gotten a serp set-up for that BBC?!?! I'll hook you up if you are still interested? I have a couple raw as well as FINNISHED serp set-up with modded brackets to mount the serps to the BBC;) GREAT progreSS Brennan!!! And as others,waiting patiently for the overview on that fitech!!!
Can you send me some pics of that serp setup? I might be interested but it will be some time. I still have the roller cam swap to buy and random other sh*t I find that I wanna replace along the way. All of the serp setups I have seen mount everything so high and I don't like that. I want everything as low as I can get it. Either send me some pics if you can. My number is still the same or you can send em on here.

I figure if I can get a season out of these and live with the shitty paint while I get everything dialed in I can always pull em off later to get coated or bite the $600 bullet and get the same ones I have just already coated from Hooker.
I had a set of shortie headers ceramic coated at Aesthetic Finishers in Piqua for $250. They look awesome, they acid dip them so they are spotless inside as well.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
UPDATES!!! Been making headway on this thing but I have forgotten to update this thread. Got all the interior pieces back from the hydrodipper and everything looks awesome. Just got the interior trim pieces and some misc wiring to do and the interior is done.
20160521_004152.jpg

After we started sanding all the paint off the shell we found a lot of filler and wayyy too much paint. It was like they brushed it on. Driver's side was surprisingly straight but the passenger side was beyond repair. Too many dents and rust holes to try and fix. I ended up getting a new rear quarter from Rock Auto. Rest of the car including rockers was fine!
20160517_142814.jpg

And finally........IT'S IN PAINT!!! I have went in so many directions with paint ideas for this car but I finally came up with something I liked and have never seen done. Its based off of Dale Earnhardt's Busch series Goodwrench Nova/Ventura so it keeps the same idea as the 83 had. Everyone told me to paint this one just like the 83 but after a few years on social media I realized that there were simply too many out there painted like that. I even had a guy message me a year or so back saying my car was the reason he painted his like that. Kinda cool to hear that but kind of sucked knowing there was another one out there.

The front half of it will be all black except for the red stripes and the silver at the bottom. Not sure if I wanna get decals made up or keep it simple and go with the newer SS emblems GM uses.
20160612_232429.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Man you are kicking *ss on that project. Paint looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it untaped.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good choice on the color theme...I dig it! It certainly won't look like your run of the mill Monte SS.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor