87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Puttin the old dinosaur on the road to Arizona this weekend. That'll be a good drive for the break in of the motor. I'll change the filter and oil once I get there(Peoria, AZ) and then again when I get back to Cali. Car has been driving like a champ so far. Wish me luck...I'll post some picks of the exhaust welded up after its done...

Thanks for lookin.

Warren 8)

Last edited:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Re: 87 SS

youngdeezy said:
warren everything looks sick. you and your boys need to ride up to the bay. that pypes x pipe setup is badass to bro. im about to drop some updates myself so i'll hit you on cardomain when i do

Thanks fam! I checked the page out. You not messin around. All your mods are lookin sweet!! Lt1 is gonna be tight! I didnt get a chance to head out to AZ. Family drama goin on. But i'll get down there to soon. Im tryin to get my exhaust done today. Its been rainin out here the whole weekend, but it should be ok in the morn. I'll try to get some pics up.. Thanks for checkin it out bruh.

Ya boy Warren 8)

Last edited:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

Dropped my infinity drivers in the rear panel. The panel will work out great because the drivers sit on top. The magnets will now clear the sub box for my JL 13w7 driver... I should have did it a little different, but this will work for now. I'll see about the other setup I have in mind, and will probably sell this setup...

GSI Interiorss

4294710302_0a16fc6781_z.jpg

Warren 8)

Attachments

• IMG_4588_119.jpg
    IMG_4588_119.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

joye227

Apprentice
May 11, 2009
South Carolina

When installing that 6x9 decklid, is their any special cutting required? And will they fit all G-bodies because I wouldn't mind having one for my cutlass?

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali

Hey Warren I'm glad you posted that pypes setup because I've been checking them out lately. I'm gonna run a x pipe setup myself. From the pics it looks like you just bought a complete "X" change setup. I called pypes cause they don't advertise a gbody x change kit. I was told to buy the XGG10 "gbody x pipe kit" & add the XVX10F "x pipe dumps" is that what you did as well? Or did you just order a x change kit by itself? If you just ordered a x change kit by itself, can you drop me the part # for that kit. Thanks big homie

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

1ATony said:
Those panel pieces look killer. I've always liked those gauges too.

Thanks!!! Im really impressed with the work done. I have one of his panels from when he first started. Still looks new and the glue is holding up as strong as the new one I have...

joye227 said:
When installing that 6x9 decklid, is their any special cutting required? And will they fit all G-bodies because I wouldn't mind having one for my cutlass?

No cutting for the Monte SS. The rear seat is moved forward just a bit tho. Hit the website up. His work is excellent bruh. AND he works really close with you to get you exactly what you want...

Click pic below for site info

youngdeezy said:
Hey Warren I'm glad you posted that pypes setup because I've been checking them out lately. Or did you just order a x change kit by itself? If you just ordered a x change kit by itself, can you drop me the part # for that kit. Thanks big homie

I picked up the Pypes "X" Change system. I called them to make sure it would work for the Monte SS, and ordered it from Summit. Its been sitting in my closet for a few years now. Time to get on it and get it installed. Here's what I ordered.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-XVX10/?rtype=10

BUT..They ended up sending me out the high polished stainless system! Lucked out. I did wait a hot minute before I got it. Maybe Summit upgraded it at no extra cost for the wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor