Status
Not open for further replies.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Re: 87 SS

kuruption109 said:
AWW brotha warren im hatin...man that exhaust ccame out NICE.. once i get mine redone i wont be running it over the rear end its gona stop right b4 the rear end....

Hatin' too here :mrgreen: Just had to say bro, all those pictures of your exhaust (with your boxed frame and crossmember setup) -- it's like liquid crack. :shock:

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago

That is a nice pypes set-up i was thinking about going that route. Do have a vid on how it sounds? And whats the part # on those mufflers and the pypes set-up?

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

gbodyaddict said:
Im enjoying all the pics....its informative and motivating to see what route im gonna take. :notworthy:

oh and one more question...is that a March Serpentine setup?

Man I really appreciate the comments and love on my lil project. Keeps me motivated to stay on it. You know how it is sometimes. You get frustrated with all the bs from shops and stuff. That serpentine is from GM Performance. Summit carries it. Im headed to work, but will get the part number for you. I hear that this setup can be found at local boneyards for cheap. I think off of an S-10. Not sure tho. I want a March or Billet Specialties setup. I ended up getting this for free so it will work for now. Thanks again for checkin it out. Trying to get some pics and vid of the exhaust up soon...

@youngdeezy. Mam o man!! Lookin good on the exhaust bruh! I might change my thrush out for some 3 chamber Flows. Still a lil loud and drony. Cops keep messin with me after work when I get off(3:30am)

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

Lil vid of the exhaust...GM Performance HO Deluxe 350 crate, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 670 CFM single inlet carb, Doug's ceramic coated headers, Pypes X Change cross pipe system-2.5" out to some Thrush Welded SS mufflers....

[youtube]<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHpzhD6-r4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHpzhD6-r4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/youtube]

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Love the vid bro!! Throw in some commercials and you'd have a 1/2 hour prime time show for me. :mrgreen:
Nice work man, keep 'em comin' ... gives me something to enjoy watching during the week, until Horsepower TV comes on on the weekends ;)

Just gotta say that your videos are well documented and well made. :notworthy:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

454muscle said:
Love the vid bro!! Throw in some commercials and you'd have a 1/2 hour prime time show for me. :mrgreen:
Nice work man, keep 'em comin' ... gives me something to enjoy watching during the week, until Horsepower TV comes on on the weekends ;)

Just gotta say that your videos are well documented and well made. :notworthy:

AW MAN!!! Thanks bruh! That really keeps me motivated to keep the vids and info comin. Im not building a huge hp/torque race monster. Just a poor mans build up for the average joe like myself. I try to find and showcase sweet lil pieces for fellow Gbody bros that are on a budget. Preciate the love fam.... I finally made it out to AZ. Car performed like a CHAMP! I got SSWEET gas mileage. I made it down there on just under a full tank. Took it easy and varied my speed from 50 to 80 to 65. I stopped and checked everything about every 50-60 miles. Just wanted to make sure there werent ant fuel leaks and stuff. The trip back was a different story. 50 miles into the trip back to Cali I smelled a lil something burning and pulled over. Checked the bay and found nothing. Figured it was just a big rig passing by. I noticed a lil white smoke coming from the rear of the car when I dropped the hood. Investigated it and found that there was some oil on the back of the mufflers burning off. I climbed underneath and couldnt find where it was coming from. Cleaned the diff up and still couldnt see anything. Cleaned the lil oil up and checked insie the mufflers. Nothing. Clean. I romped on the gas to see if anything was coming out of the mufflers. Nothing. Pressed onward towards Cali. I stopped and checked ever 50-75 miles to see if any oil had splashed. Nothing. Well after my last check, I pushed on towards Cali keeping my speed at 65. I noticed a little chattering when I let off the gas, but nothing bad. At 18 miles before reaching home, this *ss clown I noticed had been folowing me for about 20 miles. It was raining badly and I flagged him to go around as I was in the slow lane. He gets in front of me and slams on his brakes. I think he may have thought I was drunk and tried to get me to hit him. Only prob is that when I took my foot off the gas to hit the brakes, I hear a loud violent grinding under my feet. I stepped on the brake and while the car was stopping and grinding, it stopped and then went into reverse for 10-15 feet. I thought i was dead meat cuz of all the big rigs behind me. Luckily there wasnt any trafiic and I was able to get the car off to the right shoulder. The trans was grinding something terrible. I put it in parked and just sat there thanksful I didnt get hit. My eyes where shut and I was like wtf! is this car moving forward!? yep! The car moves forward while still in park! trans has to be shot. There was a loud zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sounding noise when it came to a stop and i went backwards. Crazy. I dont know what happened. Me and my bro's were thinking the rear seized up. Im gonna jack the rear up, put the car in neutral and spin a wheel. if the driveshaft spins, The rear should be ok. I'll inspect it and refill the oil. I just want to check that before I head to the trans shop. If something is truly wrong with the trans, i dont want them trying to say this or that failed due to low oil or some other bs shops dream up for not wanting to cover it. The driveshaft, yolk and U joint looked fine. I'll see whats up with it in the morn. Id think that if my rear seized up, I'd have a great loss in power and my gas mileage would have sufered.

Im just happy to be alive and able to tell the story. That was CRAZY!!! Wish me luck on the warranty. If they wont cover it, I have my other BM 700 that can go in after a rebuild. SUCKS!!! here's some pics..

Mocking the radiator hose up

4380219496_66a134e00d_b.jpg

Welded and polished. Came out just how I wanted...

4380125926_a8ef1b9d20_b.jpg

4379367459_3efe02793b_b.jpg

4379364519_13883b430b_b.jpg

lil vid....

[youtube]<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnkBwL7kTOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnkBwL7kTOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

youngdeezy said:
i could really blow your thread up but ima keep it simple. Warren your sh*t is sick dog thats all i gotta say bout that. it looks good and sounds good, overall a beauty!

HAHA!! Thanks bruh!! I have a long ways to go to get on ur level fam. The car is one big mock up job. Nothing is really done yet. Test fitting this, mocked up that. With nowhere to do any real work, I cant get down like I want to ya dig... Im lookin at the car right now in my stall. f*ck it! I gotta get on the old guy and do some real work. I started my black interior mod a couple of years ago and never finished it. With the car being down for a sec, nows the time to get on it. Tony got me inspired to rattle the ole Krylon cans again!! LOL! One of my bro's at work said I can bring the car over there and we can swap rear ends out. I'll probably do that this weekend. I'll keep you guys updated..

Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor