87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
Re: 87 SS

damn doggy that piece with the gauges is gonna look so sick when its done!!! ok now im the one hating lol

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois

Car looks real good Warren. I think you should leave the air filter shields off. It looks good the way it is in your video.

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo

Looks great man, keep up the good work. Really like the guage set up you have going there...

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Bumpin1ohmss, love the mods and especially your picture taking skills for the presentation. This thread is orgasmic! :mrgreen: Hats off to you, excellent choices on the sick mods.

Can you tell me where I can get the polished top plate for the rad and also the matching piece that sits in front of it, along with the Spectre head bolt kit with the "O" rings and what thread sizes I would need? It would be the same as yours (84 Grand Prix). Right now, mine looks really ugly, a poor complement to the big block crate.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

@454 muscle... Thanks for the cool words. I really appreciate em. Keeps me motivated to work on the old guy. I picked the top plate up from here...

Stainless top p;ate. I had mine polished.

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_i...d=212&osCsid=ced8cb038f89a9bf8cf07893cc2ce84a

Radiator top plate. They even have custom engraving..
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_i...d=692&osCsid=ced8cb038f89a9bf8cf07893cc2ce84a

Wiper motor cover.. This cover is clean!!! The chrome is super smooth

http://www.buickgn.com/windshieldwipercover.htm

The spectre caps are from a local auto parts spot in my area(Kragens) You can get those at summit as well. They took a lil bit to grow on me. But I like the look now. I really dig em on the ac delete panel.(which is getting powder coated black with the bowtie left polished- Too "blingy for me) The sizes are 10mm and 14mm iirc. Grab a wratchet and see what size the bolts are. The kit comes with mm and standard size cap adapters...I'll dig up an old box and snap a pic for you. If you see any parts you diggin let me know. I have a ton of links saved...

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

8) Amazing. Seriously thanks bro. You rock. I updated my todo list on my cardomain page. Saw your vids and added your youtube page as well. My progress is not as far as yours, but I'm anxious to make more videos of my ride, especially when she's all done lol. This spring will finally be a good one.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

454muscle said:
8) Amazing. Seriously thanks bro. You rock. I updated my todo list on my cardomain page. Saw your vids and added your youtube page as well. My progress is not as far as yours, but I'm anxious to make more videos of my ride, especially when she's all done lol. This spring will finally be a good one.

Sweet!! I'll be lookin out for the vids. Oh you are further along than I am. I need to get some of these parts out of the apt and into the ride. LOL! Well I finally got my exhaust done. Came out cool and sounds sweet!

Doug's Ceramic coated headers, Pypes "x" Change crosspipe cutout system, Thrush "SS" polished weled mufflers. I didnt have the pipes and tips done yet. I wanted to wait until I install my Grand national rear end, swaybar and other suspension parts...I had the shop change the way the x change flowed. They couldnt get the cutouts to tuck up high enough, so the welder cut the legs and turned the piping for the cutouts. The exhaust will flow right off the headers and thru the cutout opening when the kit opens up. I just had the block off plates installed for now...

Heres something I wanted done and finally had a shop fab the piping for it. Im gonna run those shrink wrap style hose clamps. Should turn out clean..

Click pic for lager views

I'll get a vid up soon... Im installing the MSD wire set and the MSD 6AL2 in the morn(if its not raining) I may do some plastic painting on some of my interior parts also. Thanks for looking!!!

Warren 8)

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali

Man o man you did it with that exhaust system my boy thats so clean looking and i know its gonna sound just right. Your guy did a good job modding up the kit for you. anyway you got it to work and thats all that matters but i guess the only way to keep minor fab work down on installing a "x change" setup for a g body must be the setup i posted below which was told to me by 1 of the pypes techs. Like i said before this is 1 of the next areas of my car i plan to work on. now wish me luck sometime in the near future i'll just buy the setup i have below to see how eazy it is since it should be a "direct fit" but we all know how that goes. Keep it movin man you give me that motivation dogg. oh yeah big balla when i was lookin at your pics i noticed if you had your B&M case polished or painted that would be sick and a nice touch. i woudn't say that to someone else but for a guy like you and your parts the type of build you have goin on i wouldnt doubt if you already had that in mind.
4336893244_5831de6e98.jpg

youngdeezy said:
Hey Warren I'm glad you posted that pypes setup because I've been checking them out lately. I'm gonna run a x pipe setup myself. From the pics it looks like you just bought a complete "X" change setup. I called pypes cause they don't advertise a gbody x change kit. I was told to buy the XGG10 "gbody x pipe kit" & add the XVX10F "x pipe dumps" is that what you did as well? Or did you just order a x change kit by itself? If you just ordered a x change kit by itself, can you drop me the part # for that kit. Thanks big homie

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

AWW brotha warren im hatin...man that exhaust ccame out NICE.. once i get mine redone i wont be running it over the rear end its gona stop right b4 the rear end....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor