98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
LSCustoms said:
V6UnderPressure said:
Does anyone know the part number for the factory blazer dust shields? Haven't been able to find a decent rust free set.
nope but ill check to see if i have a set, i dont use them, but may have thrown them away... if i do, you pay the shipping and they are yours

Sounds good. Thanks!

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
V6UnderPressure said:
LSCustoms said:
V6UnderPressure said:
Does anyone know the part number for the factory blazer dust shields? Haven't been able to find a decent rust free set.
nope but ill check to see if i have a set, i dont use them, but may have thrown them away... if i do, you pay the shipping and they are yours

Sounds good. Thanks!

there on E-bay alot to.. mine where rusty as hell all i did was soak them in acid then prime and paint

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
i pulled a set of knuckles this weekend..just one question..i'm replacing the upper/lower ball joints as well.. Since i'm using the stock Regal/GM control arms I should still be using ones for a 87 regal and NOT the 2001 blazer i pulled the knuckles from right?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
lg1200 said:
i pulled a set of knuckles this weekend..just one question..i'm replacing the upper/lower ball joints as well.. Since i'm using the stock Regal/GM control arms I should still be using ones for a 87 regal and NOT the 2001 blazer i pulled the knuckles from right?
order them for your regal, pretty much the same thing, while youre are at it, do some research on correcting the geometry of the front end, are you thinking about replacing the upper control arms? if so, you may want to use adj and use the howe tall ball joints, if not, just get new ball joints for your regal

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
LSCustoms said:
lg1200 said:
order them for your regal, pretty much the same thing, while youre are at it, do some research on correcting the geometry of the front end, are you thinking about replacing the upper control arms? if so, you may want to use adj and use the howe tall ball joints, if not, just get new ball joints for your regal

I'm sticking with the stock control arms for now. I have the replacement poly bushings from Spohn for the upper and lower CAs and should be getting those pressed in soon as i finish (more like start) the frame/bay painting. in regards to front end geometry, you mean the alignment right?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
lg1200 said:
LSCustoms said:
lg1200 said:

I'm sticking with the stock control arms for now. I have the replacement poly bushings from Spohn for the upper and lower CAs and should be getting those pressed in soon as i finish (more like start) the frame/bay painting. in regards to front end geometry, you mean the alignment right?
no more of a handling, wrongful engineering thing, but ill pm you info when i get the chance, so i dont jack this thread up too much

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
You know if S-10 knuckles and brakes are the same as the blazer ones?

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
thedoctorisin said:

the s-10 knuckles aren't the same..the s-10 uses a single piston caliper so i'd assume the knuckle is different for that reason alone.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
If upgrading to steel braided brake hoses, will the stock replacement braided hoses work with the Blazer rotors? I'd imagine so since the OP used the original ones.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
thedoctorisin said:
the s10 spindles are pretty much the same as the stock gbody spindles, you need spindles from a 98-05 blazer or jimmy, non 4x4

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor