Before & After 80 G/A Grills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poncho61

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Peoria Illinois
I like the mesh. I'd like it more in black. Whats under the hood? Stock engine? That mesh, even with pencil size holes is a huge airflow restriction. It may be fine to cool a stock engine, but anything built may have some issues on a toasty day.

WhiteTiger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 1, 2013
Carroll Iowa
The Motor 400 w/ Warrior Racing Products Cam duration @ .050 intake 212 and exhaust 225 lobe centerline 116 lift w/1.5 rocker .408/.407,shorty headers,66 Alum Tri power,Custom work to Water Pump Plate,Stock 5 blade fan with custom fab adapter/no clutch fan,180 Thermostat.
This summer it ran 35 min idle to wide open Hot laps,97 outside temp,185 temp on the gauges one in each head and one on the intake.With NO :puke:ing

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Out of curiosity, where did you source the honeycomb expanded metal???

WhiteTiger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 1, 2013
Carroll Iowa
Out of curiosity, where did you source the honeycomb expanded metal??? by Brother Al
Pontiac started to use Honeycomb on wheels in 1971 but on grills in 1976 Trans Am and more Pontiac after that.The honeycomb I used is the same as on the 1999-2002 GTP hood Louvers.I started Customize all my Pontiac's in 1976.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I would like it black too if it were mine.

Looks good, good job.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
White Tiger, I think that what Brother Al would like to know is the name of the supplier from whom you obtained the honeycomb material that you used to customize the GA grills.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
people,PAY ATTENTION! the man gave the link of where to obtain the mesh when i asked him???!!! :shock: 6th post down.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
White Tiger: yes, very familiar with the Poncho Honeycomb theme, and have a few ideas in mind for the '79 LeMans I'm buying. Sorry about the repost of the question, see below. I have also seen Ford using a honeycomb theme in recent years, and of course the "Super Duty" moniker.. (shame)

clean8485: thanks for clarifying my question.

L.A.X-RATED: I did read it... twice to be exact. Unfortunately, my phone did not display the link... may have been the Wi-Fi I was using at the time. The Beauty of Technology.

Oct 24, 2013
Hello: Hope you saved the pieces. About a half dozen of those little plastic pieces would go a long way to
fixing my 80 Grills. Sure enjoy this web site. Passenger side an easy fix. The driver side frame is damaged
in the upper outside corner. Trent in Los Angeles.

Attachments

• driver side grill.JPG
    driver side grill.JPG
    913.5 KB · Views: 249
  • pass side grill.JPG
    pass side grill.JPG
    915.5 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor