Best way to lower a GBody

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
Looking to lower my Monte, would like to hear some suggestions from you guys who have done this.
I was thinking about 2 or 3 inches as the car sits very high.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
2" lower drop spindles up front and 1" drop springs in rear look good

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
beenen said:
2" lower drop spindles up front and 1" drop springs in rear look good
Yeah im looking at the Belltech 2" drop spindles, I think Ill go with them, and like you said, 1" drop springs in the back. I Also have to replace my shocks, are the KYB gas adjust any good do you know?

XCESSIV6

Apprentice
Apr 5, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
I used drop spindles for many years, don't like them. They move your tire up in the wheel well and makes running a taller or bigger tire impossable. Increase bump steer on gbody's. I would lower the car with springs.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
XCESSIV6 said:
Increase bump steer on gbody's.
That's surprising. I always thought that the whole point of dropped spindles was to retain factory geometry.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
DRIVEN said:
XCESSIV6 said:
Increase bump steer on gbody's.
That's surprising. I always thought that the whole point of dropped spindles was to retain factory geometry.
x2

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Once you get it all together and aligned let us all know how you like it. I've been considering dropped spindles myself and would very much like to hear how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor