big block vs small block

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatso86 said:
I'M not going to spend my money on that over price stuff... sorry old school is better

when was the last time you took a look at the availability and prices of the good old school stuff?

id pick a pontiac 400 or a 454 over a ls any day.

That 4 door guy said:
id pick a pontiac 400 or a 454 over a ls any day.
Whyyyy????

a 400 yes... a 454 no.

SScamino said:
a 400 yes... a 454 no.

To quote -83MONTESS- "whyyyy????"

I'd take a Chevy over the Pontiac any day of the week... I'm reluctant to put a 400 Pontiac in place of my Chevy 350 because I don't think it'll be anywhere nearly as fast. If I had a 454 it wouldn't even cross my mind swapping it out for a Pontiac 400, the only reason I would even think about the Pontiac is I think my car would be more valuable with the correct brand engine in it.

Edit: And I think the car would be more street friendly with a tighter converter and the more torque of the 400 vs. the 2800-3200 stall converter and the fairly big cam rev happy 355 I've got.

how did Pontiac engines get mixed up in this debate, Pontiac engines are not big or small blocks...they are in a world of their own... 8)

A 400 is a great motor. I hate people that say big block pontiac and all that. Mainly cause I'm a pontiac guy with a chevy haha. I have thought of putting a 400 pontiac in my el camino... but those who don't know the difference obviously don't realize the potential of a pontiac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor