Blue dash guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Hey all, looking for you '78 or so light blue interior guys.

So my entire interior needs to be redone and i think i want to keep the blue dash but incorporate some different colors everywhere else, like seats, headliner etc. Just so its not a blue nightmare but still retain a touch of the period correct taste. I just keep getting lost in it and can't make a decision on what should be what.

Anybody rocking a blue interior please post pics!!!

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Hey all, looking for you '78 or so light blue interior guys.

So my entire interior needs to be redone and i think i want to keep the blue dash but incorporate some different colors everywhere else, like seats, headliner etc. Just so its not a blue nightmare but still retain a touch of the period correct taste. I just keep getting lost in it and can't make a decision on what should be what.

Anybody rocking a blue interior please post pics!!!
Not a Malibu but I resprayed a lot of my friends 79 Camaro interior plastic in the factory blue. He used black carpeting to break it up. The dash and console are also a shade darker.
Maybe make your dash a darker blue and everything else lighter ? Or go for something completely different and do a color change to a light gray. Especially if youre redoing the seats. Just a thought.

Attachments

• 11254104_10207062636671452_8938307923636371861_n.jpg
    11254104_10207062636671452_8938307923636371861_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Not a Malibu and not the best pictures but this is my Black 79 Monte Carlo.
The dash is out of my 86 El Camino with all the 1980-82 Monte Carlo burl wood inserts. I had the seats re upholstered in a dark blue with the light blue vinyl sides. Kept the light blue headliner, carpets, and door panels while the seats and rear package shelf were covered with the darker blue material.

P1011310.JPG P1011309.JPG P1011308.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
On mine, the plan has been to black out the instrument cluster housing & steering column + steering wheel; going from column shift to floor shift console & utilizing the same black trim color/texture @ the shifter bezel, & the dash insert trim (mine is a '78 but I have a later dash that has an insert that I can swap to). Was also considering adding some Black elsewhere as well (carpet, seat material/inserts like Blue/Black 'Hounds tooth'). Doing the Blue/Black hounds tooth material inserts would also work w/black seat belts vs trying to get Blue pieces to match.

Reactions: 2 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Nice pics, u guys rule. I want to do the blue dash, black carpet and dark grey headliner(?) seat will be dark grey cloth. Its a bench. The door panels will have to be some combination of blue and grey. Maybe grey panels with blue inserts or vise versa. I am getting hung up on the a and b pillar moulding. dark grey i guess??

Not sure if i am a huge fan of the light grey (silver) but maybe. And i do like black but don't want it to contrast too much.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Nice pics, u guys rule. I want to do the blue dash, black carpet and dark grey headliner(?) seat will be dark grey cloth. Its a bench. The door panels will have to be some combination of blue and grey. Maybe grey panels with blue inserts or vise versa. I am getting hung up on the a and b pillar moulding. dark grey i guess??

Not sure if i am a huge fan of the light grey (silver) but maybe. And i do like black but don't want it to contrast too much.
You sure you want all those different colors in one interior ? Might be a little much. Dark blue dash, lighter blue seats ? Darker gray dash, medium gray or lighter gray doors ? I did a dark gray dash in my wagon, medium gray GM cloths on the seats, gray headliner and Dove gray carpet and some low gloss black dash trim.

IMG_1613 (3).JPG IMG_1411.JPG IMG_1580.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
You sure you want all those different colors in one interior ? Might be a little much. Dark blue dash, lighter blue seats ? Darker gray dash, medium gray or lighter gray doors ? I did a dark gray dash in my wagon, medium gray GM cloths on the seats, gray headliner and Dove gray carpet and some low gloss black dash trim.

View attachment 193081 View attachment 193082 View attachment 193083
Wow man really nice job. Im loving the grey How'd you do the door panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor