Build Thread: '87 442 . . . Time to turn and stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I swear, US Mags is intentionally trying to piss me off now. AZProPerformance, the retailer who has been absolutely great to deal with, tried to get me an extra set of o-rings and US Mags won't sell just o-rings. Suggested I measure them and go try to find some at a H/W store somewhere OR I have to buy another set of center caps at $50 a pop. WTF? Yeah, I am trying to get their phone number. I only have the parent company, MHT's number at the moment. Of course, I may well start there. They should probably know about this anyway.

Finish polish job on $3500 wheels it looks like a 7th grader did and now this . . . sorry, that is an insult to 7th graders. A finish polish by someone that obviously did not give a $hit how they looked?

Sorry for the rant but experiences good and bad with parts suppliers should be shared. Oh, we're just getting started here . . .

:rant:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Just, FYI, I went to Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, Oreilly's, and Autozone today and found plenty of o-rings but no 2.5x.075s. There may have been a 2.5 in a set of 10 misc sizes at Lowes but then you are paying for and likely throwing away 9 o-rings you don't need. US Mags HAS to buy their o-rings somewhere, right? Customer Service would suggest that they could tell AZProPerformance where that is so that I can go buy some . . . if they don't want to sell me any? But, there response on the polish job they didn't do kinda shows where their customer service is at?

I left a message at parent company MHT today. No one has called me back yet . . .

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yeah, they should be licking your boot considering what you paid for those wheels. Ridiculously bad service. I'm thinking the best way to buy those o-rings is online in bulk. Buy them once and hopefully have a lifetime supply. Maybe McMaster-Carr?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm ignorant. School me on the dimensions. 2.5? x 0.75? Maybe I can help find them.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
OK, the diameter of the o-ring circle is 2.5" or likewise just the diameter of the US Mags center cap. The thickness of the rubber ring is .075 measured gingerly with my calipers. The groove it fits in is only .070. I'm guessing an o-ring from .060 to .080 would work.

I will find some eventually.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
You guys are great! The ID is 2.5 but these do stretch. Plus I will look further to see if they have 2.5 ID.

Travis at AZProPerformance is both embarrassed and pissed too so he is looking for me as well. Just a shame that US Mags is blowing it here. Despite their claim that they've made tons of these, since this audience would be the most likely consumers and I think I am the first, they are just blowing it, period!

Thanks again,
Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor