Car-Part.com is Never Accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Why is it that Car-Part.com is never accurate?! I'm looking for some steering knuckles for my F150 and there are tons of them listed on car-part but when you call the yard, they don't have them. You tell them it's listed on car-part and they say they don't know why. WTF? It's a useless website when half of the parts listed don't actually exist. I'm sure its probably the junkyard's fault and not the website but geez is it aggravating.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I've found lots of parts on there, missed out on some, but it is up to the yard to keep the inventory up to date.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Literally it's as good as the yard. Look at it like this:

Yard owner lists part, gets inquiries. Later, inventory like you're seeking (a lower demand part due to age and often bought new) stops getting hits and sees wasted space ($) inventory tax ($) and hunks of metal that could bring scrap ($).

So adding the $$$ together, business scraps the inventory seeing small real world profit, plus gets the write down on the inventory value.

What doesn't he do? Pay someone to crawl through some outdated software and delete old salvage units because that doesn't bring money. If anything, it loses clicks where, sure, maybe he doesn't have it, but he might have something else. (Not to mention the age old " well, I think I'm getting one next week."

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
To be honest I'd rather see something listed as being in stock just to be told it's not than going to a yard & seeing several copies of the part just to be to it's not in stock. Brings back memories of the one old yard on River Rd. in McKees Rocks, had the parts sitting in front of you & always said he didn't have it. :doh:

• Agree
Nov 4, 2012
To be honest I'd rather see something listed as being in stock just to be told it's not than going to a yard & seeing several copies of the part just to be to it's not in stock. Brings back memories of the one old yard on River Rd. in McKees Rocks, had the parts sitting in front of you & always said he didn't have it. :doh:

I agree with you there. That ******* up on Mt. Troy used to do the same thing.

Nov 4, 2012
Up there you had to drag it into the office to prove they had it but really work out a price for it. Sometimes you did get lucky.

That guy at Mt Troy was always a real dick but I've heard he's mellowed out some. I haven't been up there in years.

Speaking of junkyards I've got to find a day that I can make a run up to Renick's.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Why is it that Car-Part.com is never accurate?! I'm looking for some steering knuckles for my F150 and there are tons of them listed on car-part but when you call the yard, they don't have them. You tell them it's listed on car-part and they say they don't know why. WTF? It's a useless website when half of the parts listed don't actually exist. I'm sure its probably the junkyard's fault and not the website but geez is it aggravating.
My local yards hardly ever know what they have. You just gotta look. It sucks *ss because most yards wont ler you walk anymore because of *ssh*les breaking things. "Insurance" my *ss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor