Carlisle 2016 GM Nationals and other GBF Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
So, yeah. It's coming up in June. Anyone have any plans to attend? Honestly, after last year's fiasco I'm almost 95% convinced I won't be going this year. I'm getting back from Japan literally like 10 days before it starts and I'll have a buttload of work to do.

Here's the deal. I realize the weather totally screwed it up for everyone. It's just I can't lay out the cash to fly out there and do this, put up the tent, only to have literally nobody there. I know we had a couple of other guys out in their respective classes, and that's cool, I get it. And it was great to talk to the few who turned out without their cars. (You know who you are!) I greatly appreciate the few who came by with their rides on Sunday to end on a high note. I just don't think I'm going to be able to pull it off. The day job will (finally) be coming to an end, I'll be trying to make a go on my own and I'll be eating beans and drinking Nat Light for a while.

Now, It's entirely possible I might try to hit up the Car Craft Nationals in Milwaukee in July. It's a couple of hours trip from my hometown, and would be an excuse to get back up that way. I'll probably hit up the Springfield O'Reilly show again, just because its basically next door. HOPEFULLY I have something to actually put in that one.

The only way I can see GBF having a presence at Carlisle this year is if we get someone/people to volunteer (and commit to do this in blood) to man the tent, etc. AND get X # of people to commit (again, blood would be required) to actually park next to it for the duration of the show, rain or shine. I'd spring the $$ for the tent/table/chairs and ship my signs out if we can pull that off. Seriously. SRSLY.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
bumping for great justice and hopefully replies

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I try to go every year. It's about a 3 hour drive for me. I plan to be there this year for the Spring show, GM Nationals, and the Fall show. I go on Sat for each one. Unless it dumps a ton of rain again, I WILL be there. I hope to see some of you guys as well.

Hutch

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I'll be going again this year, last year the weather was sh*t. I should have the wagon painted and on the road for it, the interior may not be done though. I wish I could sit there all day for the whole event to keep the tent and all going. I don't think that will be in the cards for me to do for the WHOLE event. I have to see what is happening.

As I said before, I have family right in Shippensburg, so I am not far, and will be attending. Hopefully I can get with some members who make the trip and show up. I'll be more than happy to supply my number and such so we could link up.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Cool. Like I said, if we can get enough people who'll show up and park around the tent (not out all over the place) for weekend** and have a presence (and commit to it!) then I'll spring for the tent in-absentia and maybe even ship out the banners and some shirts and stickers or something. Let's keep this thread alive.

** Not that everyone has to be there every day, just that there's at least one or two cars going to be there at any given time....

Reactions: 1 user

hajnovak

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2012
scranton Pa
I'm going. I'm trying to get in the building this year. We'll see what happens. Haj

Reactions: 1 user

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I'm leaning towards being at the Spring event. I'll have a spot to unload some parts though.
I haven't been in years. I remember a ton of walking and not many G parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor