Do You Still Run a Catalytic Converter on Your Car?

• Yes. I love clean air, hummingbirds and frolicking in the field.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No. Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!!!

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I still have the cat in my Regal but I cut it open, gutted it and re-welded it so I could easily mount the new 442 exhaust on.

IMG_1935.JPG

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
in Ontario my car has no formal inspections but the enforcement officers can pull you over at any time for any reason and tell you to open the hood. I have been pulled over 3 times in my GP and once in my winter Pathfinder, he wanted to make sure I didn't modify the engine...:wtf:

and so there is no confusion that is Ontario Canada, not Ontario California...

I've seen you post this before. That's straight ridiculous that they have the right to pull you over because they feel like it and inspect your car. That would never fly in NY. It would be proven to be obvious discrimination.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
What ever happened to protecting the environment? There are a lot of aholes out there trying to END our hobby/passion. To not run cats gives fuel to they're cause. I've put Magna Flow cats on every project I've done including my current El Camino with the Pypes 2.5 X pipe system . A few years back I did a 99 2 door Tahoe,I started w/a K&N filter charger then SS headers then Magna Flow dual exhaust. They each improved the performance but finally I added they're dual cats system they make for that truck. It opened that truck up better than all 3 previous changes combined. I still miss that truck,traded it in on a new 5.3 310 HP. GMC Canyon back in 2010.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you wanted to install a coupe of cats you just need to open the exhaust at the collectors and throw them into the 4" pipes. They may rattle a bit tho...:D
They would rattle a bit more than you think since the collectors are 4-1/2". ;)

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
you could always wrap them in bubble wrap....:cool:
Nah, I would want to throw them in there like a UPS delivery so definitely no bubble wrap.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
These are going on 12 years old so I have a set of stainless to put on soon but I love them. Running 750cfm and WZ Manifolds, these hi-perf Magnaflows are not even close to be the limiting flow factor on my big block setup. And, they fit perfectly up in my G-force. I got trashed and thrashed out the wazoo on 442 and Oldspower for even bothering with these since, to the letter of the law, I am not compliant even putting a big block in it. But, if you can pump out less pollution, why not?

IMG_0428.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I've seen you post this before. That's straight ridiculous that they have the right to pull you over because they feel like it and inspect your car. That would never fly in NY. It would be proven to be obvious discrimination.

I'm also from Ontario (Canada) and have been pulled over once because the officer wanted to make sure I had catalytics. I do have cats (but they are empty inside). He was disappointed that he could not fine me, so he proceeded to check the engine and gave me a "notice" to report back with a "clean air certificate". This was complete BS, so I took him to court and the case was thrown out. However, it wasted a lot of time for nothing -- a whimsical power-happy cop...

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm also from Ontario (Canada) and have been pulled over once because the officer wanted to make sure I had catalytics. I do have cats (but they are empty inside). He was disappointed that he could not fine me, so he proceeded to check the engine and gave me a "notice" to report back with a "clean air certificate". This was complete BS, so I took him to court and the case was thrown out. However, it wasted a lot of time for nothing -- a whimsical power-happy cop...
When I read stuff like this it makes me appreciate living in Texas even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor