charging system problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
i just took my dash board apart on i never had a charge lite in there.i replaced the bulb and started the car.same thing,12.5 at the battery with no change and when i disconnect the battery the car dies.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
on the diagram it seems like i have two fuseable links down by the starter.can one be smoked

Mudweizer

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2008
Houston,TX
krazykyle said:
on the diagram it seems like i have two fuseable links down by the starter.can one be smoked

ChargeCircuit.jpg

Do you have voltage at the red wires that connect to the alternator? If you do then the fusible links should be fine.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
i have voltage to the alternator.i'm going to take the alternator back to auto zone and have them test it again.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
on the two prong plug do you have power on the red wire with the key on?...if not then the alternator is not energized and won't charge. It's no use getting it tested if you have not checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor